Anyone else annoyed by the constant rumbling noise the game makes?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by getseclectic, April 6, 2014.

1. getseclectic

getseclectic New Member

It's less noticeable if I'm listening to music but extremely annoying if I'm not. It seems like the only way to disable it is to lower the sound effects or master volume, which I don't want to do.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

ah, good point i guess, there is indeed no call for it, close to a planet it makes sense, but on a constant basis straight from the login screen I can agree that it gets enervating
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I don't mind it, it gives the game a spacey feel.
    Enervating.
    That's a strange word to describe it
    Geers likes this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

exasperating? unnerving?
  5. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

Enervating! Haha! It makes me really tired too. ;) Maybe you were thinking aggravating? :)
  6. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

yeah I typically listen to music so I don't hear it as much, but when my music is off it does get somewhat annoying. maybe if we had different sounds for each planet it would not be annoying and actually add something to make the game more immersive.
  7. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Oh, imagine hearing digital blips and beeps on metal planets...
    That'd be awesome.
    ArchieBuld and Antiglow like this.
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

It annoys me too, particularly when I'm trying to cast a match.
  9. keterei

keterei Active Member

Yep, same here. I have the game music off, so it's very noticeable and annoying.
  10. getseclectic

getseclectic New Member

I just noticed the game sometimes makes some annoying repeated beeping noises at the main screen as well. Especially annoying since it won't save my password so I don't like to close it.
  11. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

Yes it'd be nice to have a separate 'ambient sounds' slider if they want to keep the sound.
  12. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Not sure which specific ambient sounds you're all talking about, since the menu sounds are not the same as those in-game.

In the menu, there are ambient sounds that I don't find too intrusive. They're kinda stereotypical "space ship" ambient sounds, but they're okay.

In the game's interplanetary view, you have some fairly quiet ringing sounds as well.

On planets, you have ambient sound that changes by elevation. High up (where most people spend most of their game), you get very loud windy ambient sounds. I'm pretty sure this is what most people find annoying. I don't like it either.
    Up close, those sounds are reduced, but no one really plays the game that zoomed in.
  13. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

Sometimes if you press F5 it will refresh the screen and stop it. It mostly happens on planets with mountains
  14. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

I love ambient sounds. Then again I'm the oddball in Second Life who leaves typing noises on so I know when someone nearby is trying to say something to me.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  15. Geers

Geers Post Master General