Player behaviour.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jonathanstey, April 18, 2014.

1. polaris173

polaris173 Active Member

Yeah, I'd try and ignore them as much as possible; they thirst for attention so you must deny them that as much as possible. Having a chat input command that blocks any messages between you and the other player (and tells them so) would help to make finishing a game with someone miserable a lot more tolerable as well.
  2. keterei

keterei Active Member

You can block people like that in game and you'll avoid running into them again.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Well you can definitely write to an admin here, in the current state of things, no there is no report button but admins have the power to make things better.

This is indeed unacceptable.
    xD 2000th post! blow your candles!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    reptarking and cwarner7264 like this.
  4. jonathanstey

jonathanstey Member

and it was indeed the player. He is registered on Pastats and the game was on his name.
  5. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

You're always going to run into those guys, it's pretty much an accepted downside to online gaming.
    I just brush it off mostly, most of those people are either 12 year old's or 4chan/reddit users, no reason to get offended by what those jackoffs say.
  6. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

I've not seen a single bad mouthed player in my time on PA. I think you just got unlucky!
  7. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Just look at Idra. Think about it, spending all that time on something and not geting better.
    Must be mentaly hard. Not even speaking about all the other people slamping him in the face.
    But it`s never fun that`s for sure.
  8. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Probably someone that is not liking all of top guys playing the 1v1 auto matcher. I get ripped on alot by mid level players because I'm a "tryhard". Truth is. I just love this game and happen to have 10 years RTS behind me
    cdrkf, stormingkiwi and cptconundrum like this.
  9. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

*changes account name to Matiz to face Matiz in kotp*
  10. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Maybe they have a hige E IQ:D
  11. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I never mind trolls until they're better than I am :D

One of my greatest joys in planetside is getting accused of being a hacker when I pull off a crazy close range headshot or gun down a whole squad from behind.

Sarcastically invalidating other people's rage is funny.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  12. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Here's something oyu can do when you meet those kind of players:

1. If you are in control of the lobby, kick them. repeatedly. As many time as it takes. If you are not the lobby admin, you can always leave.
    2. If this is the only game you can join now, Ignore them, even if they are on your team. Don't play shared armies if you can help it. Remember that even if they seek your cooperation you are playing alone. People like this will never help you, so help them only if it suits your strategy.
    3. Counter troll. It can be very amusing.
  13. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Normally I would agree, did this in Supreme Commander 2... there are even quite a few cheaters there... beat them all, did it change anything? Not in the long run... now it is just annoying and boring to see those people online.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  14. killzone5017002

killzone5017002 Active Member

There was once a player who kept making fun of me and constantly was saying he himself was smarter and all, I played three separate matches with him and I overkilled him everytime to put him in his place then I never saw him again.
    phantomtom likes this.