MNC Stand Alone Dedicated Server Features and Wishlist

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 27, 2011.

1. GossamerSolid

GossamerSolid New Member

Can you show me an example of this somewhere?
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Yeah so bad people get rid of good people and can stay bad.
  3. racquemis

racquemis New Member

All needed information about requests and replies can be found here:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Server_queries
  4. GossamerSolid

GossamerSolid New Member

hmmmm it's always returning HostileLobby as the current map for some reason.

It reports players correctly though.
  5. racquemis

racquemis New Member

indeed i noticed that to, however the current map is reported correctly on gamemonitor for the servers from dustoff
    are you running -STEAM_DEDSERVER? i am also. but dustoff isn't might have something to do with it.

anyway thats one new one for the list:
    - bugfree Query UDP that works whatever type of server you run :)
  6. GossamerSolid

GossamerSolid New Member

I run my own querrying script that is a modified LGSL 5.8 By Richard Perry

I also tried GameTracker.com and it's reporting the same thing. I think GameMonitor has a modified protocol for "HostileGame" to make it report the right information.

Oh besides the map being wrong, it outputs the Name as "Dedicated" and a description as my actual server name. Here are examples of what I mean:

http://thegamewardens.net/gamemonitor/?s=15
    http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 210:27016/

So to add on your request, please make the server name and map query to the right values :)
  7. racquemis

racquemis New Member

current map is returned correctly when you not use STEAM_DEDSERVER.
  8. GossamerSolid

GossamerSolid New Member

Oh ok, so don't use STEAM_DEDSERVER in the arguments. Gotcha.

EDIT, I take off STEAM_DEDSERVER and now it says "Steam must be running to launch this application"
  9. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter New Member

From personal experience, I can tell you that the server currently tends to run at ~200-300MB of RAM and will use at most around 1Mbit of bandwidth at full capacity (typically closer to 700-800Kbit though). CPU usage seems to hover around 5-10% on an i7 860.

Clients can connect directly using the open command in the console. Examples:

open 127.0.0.1:7778
    or
    open hostname.com
  10. longshot902

longshot902 New Member

-MOTD/Server banners would be awesome
    -Linux availability
    -smaller installation size (vs the 3.5GB for the game right now)
    -Reserved slots
    -Someway of notifying me that there is an update. I have to watch my own account and notice if the game patches and then load that to the servers - would be much nicer if there was something like HLDSupdatetool where it could be run from a batch to determine updates.
    - The ability to send server messages in game. (That way if the server is going to shut down, I can notify the players.)
    - Server identification - so that if I can tell what server is which when running muliple instances.

That is all I can think of. Thanks for this - love when developers ask the community for features.
  11. GossamerSolid

GossamerSolid New Member

From what I see right now on resource usage on a full server:

~240mb of Ram
    10-15% CPU Usage on a 4 core Xeon @ 2.26ghz
    Less than 1 MegaBit (Upload) of bandwidth being used
  12. Leevers

Leevers New Member

From my experience in other games and being admin on a number of servers. A decent ban list comprising of IP number, steam name, and steam profile as to help track cheats and hacks via VAC.
    A streamling ban system would be handy as to keep a global track as to who is banned for multi-hacks etc, where and when.

An admin mode that allows you to stay in the kill cam window as to observe, screenshot, and keep records of hackers, cheats etc. This was sufficient evidence can be gathered as to not ban or 'assume' someone is hacking.

An admin system with remote controls would be handy as to have streaming messages or admins can post over everything in order ot get a message across.

A chat log would be fantastic too!

Basically full control of the server would be handy.
  13. nopantscat

nopantscat New Member

Thanks Helter Skelter! That's awesome information.

GossamerSolid - you also posted resource useage, thanks for doing that! Was that on a 12 man game?
  14. racquemis

racquemis New Member

my servers run at around 19% cpu on 2 cores of a server processor (cant remember which) at 2.2 ghz each core. using around 130 to 165 MB of memory
  15. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Each of my servers consume 9-10 % cpu and 260 Mb ram and roughly 1 mb bandwidth per server .

Running 6 servers servers per box I am using 36 gb of bandwidth a day and the server runs at 60% cpu load. I seen spikes to 80% during map loads and round changes.
  16. GossamerSolid

GossamerSolid New Member

Yes, 12 man crossfire match.
  17. GateKeeper420

GateKeeper420 New Member

Things that should be added:

* Rcon Support ***Important***

* Config Files to fully Customize the Server ***Important***

* Reserved Slots ***Would be nice, but not so important***

Thank You...
  18. Bluecewe

Bluecewe New Member

I agree with the Rcon support being needed; for this sort of game having an advanced Rcon system could add a lot to the gameplay.
  19. GoNz0

GoNz0 New Member

I work for a UK games host called Rackage, I would be more than happy to test this out on my personal Dedi box (windows) running TCAdmin.
  20. Savage

Savage New Member

1. Reserved Slots by Steam ID (a queue with autokick to make room would be nice)
    - Additional features for reserved slots that would be nice: Choose method for kicks (last connected, random, etc.)

2. Backend API for rcon support (to allow remote server management, as well as a unified remote bans database.). On our servers, it's banned from one, banned from all, so the ability to maintain a unified bans database would be very nice.

3. MOTD, server banner, server name on scoreboard

4. Probably not possible with the UT3 engine, but...an in-game admin menu (such as those allowed by Sourcemod in Source-based games) would be great for kicking/banning/map changes, etc. having to stop playing, bring up a console, look up a player's ID, and then type a phrase to kick/ban them is a huge PITA, and something that should really be menu-driven in-game.