[REL] Sketch tools for casters

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Martenus, March 18, 2014.

1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

That's fine. I completely understand.

Wait, secret? and ctp likes the post? could it have something to do with the battle on Sunday? I is most interested and slightly out of the loop... :eek:
  2. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

SOONTM
    zaphodx and LavaSnake like this.
  3. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

How about clearing the canvas automatically when the camera is moved? Anyways the markers will be out of place, such as in the beginning of this video, so the mod could clear them automatically without needing the user to do it.
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That is something I tried, but didn't put a lot of time into. The problem is that some of the camera control is done through the api and the rest is handled natively. I can't capture all of the input that could possibly move the camera, so it is best not to even try.
  5. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Well you can can for all keyboard keys, don't know about the middlemouse. And it won't be pretty but It can work I guess.
  6. cptconundrum

Are you sure? Mouse events might be passing right through the ui layer and being captured by opengl. It's something to look at again later maybe, but I do too much PA stuff right now. :(
  7. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Yeah same.
  8. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Hey Lavasnake.

Sorry to be pushy, would it be possible please to add a hotkey to toggle
    • unit icons
    • show focus.
    • show build previews
    Please? I'm currently in cinematic mode. I'm still seeing show focus and show build previews.

Also, there are sometimes when I take screenshots that I would prefer to get rid of unit icons from the screenshot.
  9. LavaSnake

Just put that in a request thread for a new mod. I'm working on another thing right now so I'd prefer not to take that on until this project is done (aka the weekend) but one of us should be able to get to it soon.
  10. cptconundrum

I'm slowly working on another mod that will add some camera hotkeys. It would be primarily for switching into automatic cinematic cameras, but I can imagine adding hotkeys for some other things too. The first camera mode would look something like this (but more polished), with the possibility of other interesting modes as well. I'm not too far off from having an instant replay camera that does the smooth gliding camera like in that video, but also jumps the chronocam back and replays in slow motion.

My biggest problem is really that I just have too many mods and mod ideas to manage right now. If anyone wants to completely take over any of my existing mods, please let me know. ;)

*Edit*
    Have you tried ctrl+u to disable the ui?
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  11. stormingkiwi

Oh wow that would be truly epic.

Yeah. It doesn't do the job. focus and build previews remain.

Sure. I believe you help out with Proeleerts Hotbuild2, correct?

Err... I think what I want is actually really easy to mod in... I just don't understand the code very well.

I get you guys are really busy, if it's too inconvenient, don't worry about it. I should just stop being lazy and learn to code.
  12. LavaSnake

Nope, I've never touched Hotbuild2's code. I'd be happy to do it but it looks like cpt has a better version of this in progress already. And if you want to learn we're happy to help!
  13. stormingkiwi

Meh I have to do C and MatLab as part of my degree....

C gets degrees.

Thanks for the offer :) I'll probably take you up on that. It should be fairly easy (I'll copy whatever Proeleert did for toggle Cinematic). I'll take a look at it this weekend
  14. cptconundrum

I don't think it would be hard. You need to register a key listener through mousetrap and bind it to a function that just makes whatever api calls you are looking for.
  15. stormingkiwi

No.. and I did make a custom version of Hotbuild before Proeleert got his act together. In truth, I'm just lazy.
  16. LavaSnake

It would be cool if hotbuild would let you trigger custom js with keys....
  17. LavaSnake

@cptconundrum

What's the status of the next update for this? The current version is using LavaDraw v1.1 while v1.3 is now out with things like circles and hotkeys would be nice to have too. Thanks!
  18. cptconundrum

:eek: I thought I had circles in the latest version!

I can get back to this mod sometime, but I'd very much prefer to turn it over to someone else for the extra love and polish it really needs. Anyone interested? ;)
  19. LavaSnake

I haven't done hotkeys and I'm already busy with commander HUD but I might take it over later. It actually looks like the version on PAMM does have circles and the latest version of LavaDraw. I was going by the version you have on GitHub and that version still uses 1.1.
  20. cptconundrum

Oh yeah, github did fall a little behind the pamm version I think. This mod has some serious issues because of the alt key. I think it is what caused zaphod's ui to crash in the middle of kotp week 2 when he switched windows