Request for Melee Attack Changes

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by wazupwiop, January 26, 2011.

1. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I noticed that the melee attack seems to be pretty weak. In all of the other shooters I have played, melee attacks have been really strong, sometimes doing one-hit kills from the back. MNC is nothing like a lot of shooters out there, but I still think it would be nice for a better melee.

My request is that the melee attack be made stronger. I think 150 points of damage to the front of pros and 300 from the back would be good numbers. I think these would be good numbers because grapples are still much more powerful than melee attacks. I don't think that melees should do one hit kills from the back because that would hurt the assassin class and make things slightly unbalanced.

Another request that I have about melees is that they do more damage against bots (2 hits on a blackjack, one for a slim). I know a lot of people probably won't like this because you get so much juice from meleeing bots, but I think that if the juice amount was changed slightly to make up for the decreased number of melees that it takes to kill a bot that it would be okay to increase melee damage versus bots.

My last request for the melee is the timing between shooting and meleeing. I have noticed that when I shoot and melee something, I have to wait a few seconds between shooting and when I can melee. If it is possible to change this. I think it should be done because if meleeing becomes a viable attack option, people don't want to have to wait before they melee their opponent.

Please consider these changes in the next update/DLC.
    Thank you
  2. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

3. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

4. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

How exactly is that blasphemy?
  5. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

But who bothers meleeing (asides from assassin) except for Humiliation reasons?
  6. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

This game makes melee an actual humiliation attack instead of a OHK equalizer, which is fine for a class based shooter. Melees in COD and Halo were fine because there was no class vs class balance to worry about.

Melee kills should be worth more money though. 100 + the normal 25 IMO.
  7. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

8. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

9. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

10. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Silly me. I was under the impression MNC was a shooter. :lol:
  11. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

12. sensitivepsycho

Nope, it's a racing game - who can Juice the fastest?
  13. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

LIAR!

And isn't that the truth with all the additional bots in the PC version...
  14. sensitivepsycho

Last edited: January 27, 2011
  15. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

ever notice that the protag for meleeing an opponent for a kill is called "Humiliation"? its reference to how bad the enemy had to have been to get killed by such a vunerable, shortrange, and weak attack.

its not a viable attack, its mainly to boost for juice, and humiliate someone very badly. i heard somewhere that the "heavy"s taunt in tf2 can kill someone at low health. thats supposed to be humiliating. in sf4, dan has a crouching taunt that can hit for no damage at all, which is supposed to be humiliating if the player is so good to hit you with it. he even has a super taunt, if you are doing so well that you can spend your entire super meter on taunting, then thats a slap across the opponent's pride.
  16. sensitivepsycho

Certain taunts in that other game are instakill - the Heavy's can actually be "aimed", so it's pretty awesome.

Like so.
  17. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

that reminds me of that part in street fighter where subzero dos his "GET OVER HERE" grapple on the jackbot to make him turn into zangief and do a triple damage charge 3 against spongebobs mom.

melee is fine as is. as you are requesting, the assassin could melee from behind and then grapple and get a ohko on any class, assuming you are using the numbers from the wiki.
  18. GhostRain

GhostRain New Member

[​IMG]
  19. Zander Star

Zander Star New Member

if you change anything it should be the emblem! should deffinetly be a DUDE getting slaped in the face with bacon.

to the OP the whole point behind a melee is the fact that you have to work alil bit for it. And the damage your looking for is when you juice. juice and run through a spawn and see how many you can get.
  20. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

The only thing that needs changed is that melee kills should be a Career tag, not a Highlight.