Well, let's admit it: PA is awesome

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by carlorizzante, April 11, 2014.

?

How awesome is this game?

1. This game is super awesome

56.7%
  2. Nope, it is amazing and awesome

36.7%
  3. PA is fracking Next Gen

38.3%
  4. It's so awesome that I'm having an emotional breakdown

30.0%
  5. Gray Goo what?

21.7%
  6. I don't know, but my Doctor told me to play more PA

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

There is a very big difference in skill between normal players and good ones. Would you like to try playing against some of the better players? I could probably arrange that.
    drz1 likes this.
  2. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Iff i want wast time on a real tournaments i got FAF
  3. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I already did ,the 4 players that challenge me that post the replays,i already say to them that its not embereced to loose its part off the wins...
  4. cptconundrum

Can I challenge you? ;)
  5. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

The PA teaser is awesome.
    I want to play that game.
  6. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

The game itself is in a difficult process right now. Not, that I don't think that it will be awesome one day, but it isn't quite yet.

The game will improve over time, as we all know. ;)
    That's something to be certain of.

But, the process of this game developing is certainly awesome.
    And I have spent a lot of hours with this already. xD
  7. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

It think Matiz , Cola Colin , Godde and Colpse will give you a good contest :) Now ur a world class player.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  8. arthursalim

arthursalim Active Member

[​IMG]
  9. cptconundrum

@kalherine for King Of The Planet challenger next week? :p
    Murcanic likes this.
  10. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

one thing i realy have uber to give credit for is that with this project they are realy trying something different, something a lot other devs didn´t dare to try and it´s not just one thing it´s an entire chain of seemingly experimental creation-,development- and advertisingdecisions that made following the developementprozess of this project a realy intresting experience it was a bit of an eyeopener in places ...
    so i realy realy hope that PA gets the recognition it deserves ... it is a game with a hell of a lot potential and though it is based on the gameplay of a spiritual predeccesor it comes with a whole lot of own ideas that realy make it stand out from every other game in the genre ... so i am looking forward to see what content will come for this game over the next years ...

yea i heartily aggree PA IS awesome and exciting to watch were it will continue to go ...
  11. WataCoso

WataCoso Member

Hear and learn guys. There's some trash talking in the making in here.

I request a stream of the event plsthxbye.

:p
  12. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

It's awesome... but I am so tired of the Advanced Air Supremacy build. I'm done playing aside from tournaments until at the very least until the binary air rush changes. The air rush tactic just simply isn't fun. It isn't fun to dish or take.

In the meantime. Ignore @kalherine. She's a troll who thinks any RTS aside from FAF is flawed. To put a little context, she went as far as to say PA will fail because the energy plants weren't the right size. Yes. I said that right. The entire game will fail, because of a power plant model's size. And she happened to compare the power plant size to – you guessed it, FAF. Because the power plant wasn't sized like FAF, PA will fail.

@kalherine frequently talks smack about how good she is and won't play anyone that challenges her or play in a tournament. I've never seen her play, just troll the forums.

Just don't feed the troll.
  13. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Honestly, I've had more fun with PA than almost any other game I've ever owned. I can't really give you any concrete reasoning, it's just fun, and that's all that matters to me!
    Murcanic, brianpurkiss and MrTBSC like this.
  14. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Ahh thx Brian and I thought I am the only "bad" guy here... :)
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Im bad in certain doses. Best to know what context to take it in though.

FAF was preestablished. You must respect preestablishment to a degree. However, Assassin's Creed wouldn't have became a newcomer with the industry standard if Prince of Persia was still monopolizing the area. Just the same, PA wouldn't have come if there wasn't a large gap in the RTS games.
    cdrkf likes this.
  16. tbos

tbos Member

it still doesnt come anywhere near supcom in my humble opinion....
    and dont give me the crap "its made woth a lower budget"! supcom is the all time best rts game :D
  17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

/your opinion

... and ?
  18. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Mine was Red Alert 2. Red Alert 3 wasn't as good but was fun for its merit. C&C 3 was probably the last fun game produced in that catergory. I liked Starcraft but not playing it, up until PA came out the only RTS I was doing was playing RA2 and watching my friend play and talk about Starcraft II like things were going great for him.
  19. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

PA isn't complete.

You're comparing a complete game to an incomplete game.

I don't understand you "SupCom is the perfect RTS anything that isn't SupCom sucks" people.

I'm a SupCom fan, but it pales in comparison to PA. Aside from the current balance issues, PA has so much more strategic depth than SupCom ever could hope simply due to PA's spherical map and multi planet gameplay.
    Murcanic and carlorizzante like this.
  20. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

I loved supcom and FA, I made it to top 100 in FA's gpgnet days.

I really enjoy PA, but unfortunately I don't have nearly as much time as I used to have, being that I am in university now. (School's for fools, let's play PA ;) )

I'm growing very tired of this rabid fanboyism here. They are different games, PA is still in development but I do think it will potentially eclipse FA. Yes, ZE_Pilot did a great job with FAF. But at the end of the day it is still the same game it was, albeit with a few balance tweaks.

PA is going to be very moddable so there will always be a new way to play. I'm so excited to be able to have a LAN and throw planets at my friends. Come now guys? :p
    /opinion