Please preserve skill upgrades between classes!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Sp00nMan, January 27, 2011.

1. Sp00nMan

Sp00nMan New Member

Can we get a change so that late in the game when you switch classes from say assassin to support to help your team, you don't start with 1/1/1/1? Can't the upgrades just transfer over? This really kills the playstyle, as you are pretty much stuck with the class you started out with, and it gives no incentive to switch to a class that your team needs most at the time. Thanks.
  2. traitormagnus

traitormagnus Member

This would break the game :(
  3. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Most people pick a class based on the beginning line up and stick with it.

So no. Imagine earning tons of money by perforating people as a gunner than switching over to a sniper with exploding rounds for free.
  4. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

No thanks.
  5. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

6. Sp00nMan

Sp00nMan New Member

I disagree.. I think it's much worse now when you have 5 ppl choosing Assassin. If you worked to get level 4 in gunner, whats wrong with having the same level as sniper? It's not the percs that define the game, it's the proper balance of classes.
  7. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

This would not work well at all, im sorry.

If i start as an assassin I might upgrade my passive and blue skill first. I sometimes dont even upgrade cloak. If i switched to support my turret would still be underpowered and i dont ever upgrade passive 3 on support.

If i start with assault and i use my skills set up. Ill upgrade charge and bomb first. If i switched to Gunner i would have a good slam and i would have barely any gun damage.

Its actually more skillful to upgrade as you go along. You can switch characters if your banking, and normally you only switch characters if your doing bad during a game on the one your playing. They gotta keep it how it is, thats the style of game it is. If your looking for a class based game that doesnt affect you during a change, you might want to try Battlefield?
  8. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

This.

People would have no incentive to not simply change class every time they died. Rather than playing a roll for your team which is at least partially defined by the class you chose, it would give the game much more of a team deathmatch feel, which is not what we want.