will there be a big update this month

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by melhem19, April 4, 2014.

1. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

will there be a big update this month.
    what i mean by big update is an update that add new features to game, such as planet destruction, asteroid belts, gas planets, ext.

i don't consider updates that add a little units and add fixes to issues a major update.

i hope for seeing a big update this month
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Uber hasn't said anything on the topic.

They don't like to give out release dates.

I guess it depends on whether they release a balance build or not.
  3. JesterOC

JesterOC New Member

I just want them to take a stab at evening out the gameplay. Currently we (meaning me and my cousin) are beginning to set limits on what is allowed because the current economy encourages laser tower/pelter / flak creep. Only way to test it is to push it out and let people play it. I am starting to think that allowing Economy Modding will be the best way to iterate this fast enough.
  4. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether asteroid belts are still a "thing" for Uber.
    They didn't say anything on this for quite a while.

And the last time Mavor just said: "Asteroid belts? You can just take some moons, put them in orbit of the sun and you can have Asteroid belts already."

I'm not having high hopes here.
  5. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

they don't usually say, but there is a chance(probability) of a big update this month.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

We'll see how their balancing goes.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

@emraldis your obligations... drumroll :
  8. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

Yup that whole game of creeping gets old fast. Played few games against friends, but strategic part now is more annoying than fun, due to missing balance, how easy is to snipe commander and creeping with artillery. So we kind of gave up on playing against each other and just have fun with AI.
  9. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

still the game need quite a lot of balancing, features, ext.
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I already do this. Not that big a deal. 5-6 lowest size orbiting bodies.
  11. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

But in that same video he goes on to explain his idea for an asteroid archetype.

Uber hasn't said much about galactic war either, does that mean that stopped too?
  12. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

How do you do that without them constantly phasing through each other all the time?
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Chunky orbits. I will make them near-miss each other, even go other directions.

I make them go other directions, by quickly sliding my mouse across the sun, That is their center of orbit, if it was going in the up direction before and you pass your cursor quickly over the sun, it is still facing up afterwards but up is now clockwise on the left side instead of counterclockwise like up is on the right side.

Really, highly inspired of the asteroid belt or kuiper belts depending on which I want in that map, kuiper belt is usually what I choose far outside the sun. You think it would be difficult to invade, but you could always smash meteors into other meteors.
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well, allot of the Uber staff have been very quiet on the forum lately (I've not seen Neutrino or Garat post in a while)... I've noticed whenever they go quiet like this for a while they're usually working on something major....

I know Scathis is busy balancing what we have, however I think there are some significant features in the works although it's anyone's guess what we'll see next :)
    wheeledgoat likes this.
  15. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Ok I'll have to see whether I can get that to work. I find choosing rotation directions is almost impossible and ingame it changes no matter what you do in the system editor.

What I thought you meant was rotating around a planet instead of the sun, but still this might be useful, thanks.
  16. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

i guess i'll have to spend more time monkeying w/ the editor. must be doing something wrong. last time i tried to make a pseudo asteroid belt, all i got was a red-line [not allowed] for an orbit any time I tried to put an object even close to another's orbit.

:(
  17. Pinworm

Pinworm Active Member

I just really want them to get an update out to fix the start of the game. Like 90% of games result in someone getting stuck on choosing their commander, a wait that feels painfully long, and then usually it just crashes after 5 minutes. It's sooo hard to get a game going at times and that is a complete turn off for a lot of people, and should be priority #1 to get going. I was really hoping it'd be fixed today but I guess not

I know they're busy but please fix this soon!