Missile count in the UI

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, April 3, 2014.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Can we avoid the need to zoom in on nukes and anti-nukes by including a count of prepared missiles somewhere in their build UI? To make it scalable perhaps put this indicator on the silo icon that appears in the bottom left of the UI, so if I select ten nuke silos I can immediately see how many are ready to fire.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I'd love to have something like this.

It'll make launching nukes while on other planets easier. As well as finding nukes.

Keep in mind that we'll have multiple missile types with varying ranges. So that'll present a UI obstacle – but shouldn't be too big of a deal.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

So long as I can only load one missile at a time you can use colours.
    websterx01 likes this.
  4. polaris173

polaris173 Active Member

I'd really like to see the addition of a free floating UI piece like the Power icon, however it's for nukes. When a nuke is ready, it automatically phases on to the UI, and clicking it auto selects the nuke and enters targeting mode. If you have multiple nukes, you can hold shift and keep firing until you're out. Ideally it would intelligently know how many nukes, if any, could hit the area you were looking at (for nukes spread across multiple planets), and if not it would gray itself out.

For anti-nukes, a toggle that showed the current protective radius of all your anti-nukes, along with a simple visual indicator of available anti-nukes, either in numbers or dots or something, would be nice. Either that or add a very visible light to the end of each "arm" of the anti-nuke itself, and have it red for empty and green for built.
  5. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

Yep that would be great. And if you really wanted a specific nuke to launch, you'd select the building just like you do now. Otherwise, you use the UI and it sends it from one of those that can reach, as you mentioned.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

good idea, would help alot with nuke carpet-bombing.