Awkward mouse zoom?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by patrickkidd, April 3, 2014.

1. patrickkidd

patrickkidd New Member

I have been using an Apple Mighty Mouse with my mac, and found the mouse zoom to be extremely sensitive even at a setting of 1. Today I bought a microsoft mouse thinking the sensitivity scale was designed for a more conventional mouse, but I find the sensitivity curve to be quite steep. Either way, both mouse wheels have me zoomed all the way out of the solar system in no time.Is there a suggestion for a type of mouse or mouse feature that's best to use? Maybe a zoom sensitivity curve editor? Would this be something that could be accomplished with a UI mod?

Thanks!
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Currently PA uses mouse scroll acceleration :(. It is planned to be able to adjust this or turn it off.
    polaris173 likes this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

It really annoys me as well.

I'm really looking forward to when that toggle is implemented.
  4. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

I am not sure but to me it seems like zooming becomes a lot more insensitive (meaning you have to scroll a lot more) as performance gets worse lategame. Still quite a few issues with camera control :p
  5. polaris173

polaris173 Active Member

You rarely fling yourself way out into the system in your casts, so the few times I play I always forget that that actually takes a fair amount of control and am constantly going way too far, drives me crazy! :mad: This would be very high up on my list of fixes that would instantly make the game much better...
  6. patrickkidd

patrickkidd New Member

Awesome. It's been a while since I've played any game, so wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks!