Support heal/hurt beam

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by cEv, January 20, 2011.

1. Mail

Mail New Member

I am not advocating this, I am just giving perspective to those who are misinterpreting. That said, a gunner/support combo can be pretty devastating if played right. Take that as you will.
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Everything will be devastating played right, the end.
  3. cEv

cEv New Member

you completely missed the point of the thread

It's called incentive

in a pub there is, in something organised it's obviously a non issue.
    playing a heal support role is considerably harder than clicking and holding.
  4. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Im sorry, but holding left click hiding behind your team mate is not enough skill to justify the rewards/credit you seek.

A little bit of juice/money is more than enough incentive for supports to heal a team mate, holding mouse1 is not hard at all.
  5. Esvandiary

Esvandiary New Member

"Im sorry, but holding left click standing in front of your team mates is not enough skill to justify the rewards/credit you seek."

If you're saying holding LMB is all a Support playing a healing role does, then that's all a Gunner does. As with any role, there are other things you need to be doing, like watching out for and dispatching enemy Assassins (because your heal target almost certainly won't be paying any attention to you).

Honestly, I don't know whether a faster reward rate for healing people would create enough of a noticeable incentive to change people's behaviour, but it'd certainly be worth considering; I know I'd make more of an effort to heal people if the rate of income was faster.
  6. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

If target is pro; LMB

If target remains in LOS and range; LMB

If target finds target enemy; RMB then LMB.

Problem solved. 1hp in damage = $15 assist. There's your incentive.
  7. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

You misunderstand, support role is very important, but there was a request specifically for extra credit when just left click healing team mate, sth that requires little skill or effort.

Please dont take offence, supports are vital to the team.
  8. traitormagnus

traitormagnus Member

I love healing other players; it's cool to help them out and keep them in the fight. But not at the expense of a turret that's worth $10 more to the other team than the pro under fire is, especially when a player just respawns again shortly anyways. It's not generally worth risking my neck either, especially when they're:

• sitting out in the open with a sniper taking free potshots from the other end of the lane,
    • they think that being overhealed will let them steamroll through half of the other team,
    • or that I'm supposed to meet them halfway and start healing them as they turn around to go back whence they came.

I play support, not suicidal, caregiver, or babysitter :p No amount of incentives can change that.
  9. Fractal Basilisk

Fractal Basilisk New Member

The point isn't about rewarding skill. It's about tricking players into doing what they're supposed to.

You could just create a "Support assist" and set the money to $1 (I doubt it needs to be that low) and I bet you there would be a noticeable effect. Especially if assists are displayed in the rankings.

Also that "just hit them with another weapon" is missing the point. People who figure that out or follow that advice are already healing pros.