Cannot join populated servers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by sahroo, January 25, 2011.

1. sahroo

sahroo New Member

I can connect to empty servers, but any time I try to join a populated server, I go through the loading screen, I might hear a bit of the BGM you hear right when you start a game, but then I'm spat right back to the main menu with the message "Your connection to the Host has been lost"

I do not receive any other errors other than my losing connection to the host.

This started occurring with the update made last Wednesday (1/19/2011).

It's also worth noting that I forwarded the ports that day as well. At first there were only a few servers I couldn't connect to, but I could still connect to others.

I've tried disabling the ports, disabling my firewall and uninstalling, deleting all left over files and reinstalling the game to no avail.

The ports I have forwarded right now are 7777-7780 (UDP and TCP), 27000-27050 (UDP and TCP)
  2. someguyhunter

someguyhunter New Member

SAME problem.

single player works fine.

i go into multiplayer and the server list appears. i pick a server with space left and a low ping and it brings me to the load screen. sometimes immediately sometimes takes a few seconds.

then it says your connection to the host has been lost.

PLZ FIX.

im missing a huge chunk of this game by not being able to try the multiplayer. thats the reason i bought this game.

DEVS HELP!
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Same problem here as well.
  4. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

Are you trying to play blitz or crossfire? Because crossfire works fine for me but this happens to me when trying to play multiplayer blitz a lot.

I believe it's the hosts crashing as usually I don't see this host in the list anymore after, and when trying to host I get often kicked back to the main menu during the game, usually in the first minutes, which I assume is when someone else tries to connect.
  5. someguyhunter

someguyhunter New Member

so far out of the 15-20 servers ive tried, blitz and crossfire, ive been able to join just ONE lobby. and after the game started i was kicked.

in essence, every server i join brings me back to the server menu. with a lost connection or disconnected from host message.

EDIT

interestingly enuff, i managed to get into 1 server tonight. my first online game. but it crashed after 5-10 mins of play.

now it seems im getting video card crash messages after my game freezes up.
    Last edited: January 26, 2011
  6. sahroo

sahroo New Member

I tried looking for a blitz game, but there were none, so I don't know if that works for me. I'm talking about crossfire servers, but I wouldn't doubt that Blitz hates me too.

Edit: Just tried Blitz right now, same thing. Hangs at the server list for a while, then goes to a loading screen for a very short time, spits me back at the server list saying I lost connection to the host.
  7. Smokindan

Smokindan New Member

These are the messages I've been getting except servers don't even come up on the server list.
  8. Darktweets

Darktweets New Member

Okay. I'm running a 100mb line from Comcast, and I usually ping servers on the East Coast with a 100 or under [Team Fortress connect]. I'm attempting to connect to most of the servers on here, and not only can I not connect to the local servers in the area, [including the one that my friend has set up and running], but I cannot connect to the non-local servers. Most of which are running ping times of 200+. And for someone who has lightning speed Xfinity, this is an unknown factor.

Already checked with the company, they're pinging me with zero issues, they tell me it is the servers I'm hitting that are having the issues. So the servers are lagging out, but I'm getting the 'failed connection' box that the other players are getting, and this *never* happens.

A lot of the 'open' games that I see aren't even available, or they're greyed out. And when I try to select with a mouse, and then click 'join', it resets itself to the middle of the playscreen, and chooses a different server.

I'm sitting here wondering why I just bought a game that isn't working.
  9. someguyhunter

someguyhunter New Member

just thought id add. after the pc product update number 1, i still cannot join servers.
  10. sahroo

sahroo New Member

I didn't expect the patch to do anything for this problem.
    Anyway, there was another thread that seemed to be for this same problem and Ekanaut asked if someone could join one of his servers. I tried to do that just now for two of his servers and I still couldn't connect.

My client build number is 19609
  11. someguyhunter

someguyhunter New Member

big update.

ive found and favorited 1 or 2 servers i was able to join and they were both crossfire.

i couldnt join ANY blitz games still so i decided what the hell just try to host one.

TO MY SURPRISE SUCCESS. i hosted a game with 3 or 4 players with almost no issues with lag. i cant join blitz but i can host!
  12. lordjrs

lordjrs New Member

'Your connection to the Host has been lost' issue

Hi, i have a problem with my copy of Monday Night Combat. I cannot connect to ANY server of the game. When i try to connect, it gives me a error "Your connection to the Host has been lost"

Link to my video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0owAnPyYulA
  13. shortyeti

shortyeti New Member

Re: 'Your connection to the Host has been lost' issue

I have the exact same issue. Even when invited to games by my steam friends I get the 'Your connection the Host has been lost'. I am running the latest patch and so is my friend.

Anyone have any suggestions? Ports that need to be forwarded on the router or something?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  14. lordjrs

lordjrs New Member

C'mon Uber, you have a solution for this problem? I can't play online by this problem, and i can only play singleplayer... D:
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

This is the same exact problem I have as well.

Here is another thread concerning this problem.

Topics merged - CJ
    Last edited by a moderator: January 28, 2011
  16. hungry carrot

hungry carrot New Member

yep, this is the same thing for me. i just want a notification from u.e that they know about this, or if its fixable.
  17. lordjrs

lordjrs New Member

Me too. I bought the game because the multiplayer looks awesome, but i can't play it. =/
  18. sahroo

sahroo New Member

I was able to join the server "faits battle in seatle"
    Then I realized my graphics settings were reset again(but that's a different thread)
    When I exited the options, I noticed that I was at the loading screen, and I thought that I had been kicked (even though I was only idle for like 10 seconds)
    But the message the game gave to me was "Lost connection to host"

I tried connecting to the server again, but I didn't even get into the server and it spat me out at the main menu as usual.
  19. Ars Arcanum

Ars Arcanum New Member

Also having a join issue. Most Blitz servers have passwords, so I can't join them. However, the ones that are open have really high ping. And even normal looking servers give the same darn message saying the connection got lost. I've only had 2 online Blitz games out of the 30 I've tried to join, so I'm not really getting the good experience I got on the 360.
  20. Salad Snake

Salad Snake New Member

I also got this problem, single player works fine, love the gameplay. But I can't connect to ANY multiplayer servers, Crossfire or Blitz (I really want to try Blitz first though, so I can get a handle on the game before competing).

Edit: I managed to get into one Blitz game tonight, but it lost connection after that game and I wasn't able to join it again. All my other steam games (TF2, L4D2, Altitude, Killing Floor) are able to connect without issue. Have tried verifying cache, degraging, all that jazz.