uber frame rate drop :(

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by KrazySteel, January 27, 2011.

1. KrazySteel

KrazySteel New Member

Since the latest patch my frames drop at random times. Before the patch I could run this game no probs maxed out.
    There are many people complaining about this on the steam forums and in game.

uber please fix this!!!
  2. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Which visual settings are you using, defaults? I found that max everything was fine on my system but maxing out shadows would bring me to a crawl, taking it down a notch completely removed my bad frame rate drops.

Have you tried lowering shadows? tbh medium settings still look real good when in game.
  3. KrazySteel

KrazySteel New Member

Verified integrity of game files fixed the issue for me. Running the game maxed out and smooth as silk :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  4. Esham

Esham New Member

ya its probably just fragmented gcf files. Steam will update the gcf file then extract the folder structure from those files.

as updates are pushed to the gcf files they become fragmented. Verifying the integrity should help.

I personally use GCF scape to defrag my game files often. it does what steam itself can't.

Here is a wiki for it:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/GCFScape

From there:

In version 1.6.0, the ability to defragment GCF files was added to GCFScape. This feature was added after several tests by Nem indicated that Steam's built in defragmenter did not always completely defragment a game's GCF files. In fact, Steam would often falsely report a fragmentation of 0% when the true fragmentation was as high or higher than 10%, a value extremely detrimental to performance.