Dedicated Servers now available from i3D.net

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ramoni3D, January 24, 2011.

1. Ramoni3D

Ramoni3D New Member

We've added Monday Night Combat to our list of supported games. Since the dedicated server files are not quite 100% yet not everything works exactly as we would like. But the servers work and can be managed just fine.

Servers start 15,90 Euro a month for a 12 slot public server. For any questions please leave a message here or contact our support department.
  2. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Lol, I avoided your servers everytime I saw them a while ago in the list because for what seemed weeks you guys failed to restart them so they went without updates so nobody could join, leaving them permanently empty. Derrrp.

Even then I'll probably not join because it's likely just a pub server with all 6 class limits and default settings, whereas I've already found a community server cluster run by someone on my friends list. So I'm good pretty much.

Besides, why aren't the Dedicated server files 100%? My mate and quite a lot of other people haven't had one problem yet so dunno why you lot would be struggling. :/
  3. grimbar

grimbar New Member

I for my part prefer people to not dabble with limits and have your servers (despite some shortcomings regarding updates and initial setup problems) found to be rather nice, especially considering how you guys offer decent latencies for people with normal internet.

Once you sort your stuff we'll prolly order one or two, keep at it.
  4. Brett

Brett New Member

The beta server files have some issues with game panels. We ran into this issue as well and it took us 2 days to get it sorted, so I assume I3D went through (or are going through) the same thing.
  5. Ramoni3D

Ramoni3D New Member

As Brett stated there is a difference between hosting a server on your own dedicated server and offering servers for rental. The way the servers are currently build (config files outside of the server directory, no IP binding, no ability to set own port etc) is still far from ideal from a hosting point of view. We can still automate the entire setup and such, it's just less than ideal for clients to manage.

We had an out of date server for 2-3 days while we were getting everything ready for rentals. Other than that they've been fine. These are public server so they basically come without any configuration and run default settings. If you want to see some specific settings you're more than welcome to request them and I'll make the changes. We're recruiting admins to manage the MNC servers later this week.
  6. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

You guys need to work on your server names and host names. Since the server browser can't be customised at the moment your i3D.net tags take up more than the space your server name column can have, meaning that if you were to host with that ad on, nobody would be able to tell the difference between any of your servers.

At the moment you've got "2" instead of Dedicated, which isn't very informative, and can confuse some into thinking it's a listen server. Renaming that to something like "i3D.net Dedicated" and removing it from the actual server name would fix both probs.
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Ramon,

Do you know who's hosting i3D.net - MNC Testserver ams dedicated servers? They are about three version old and would love to have them be shut down or updated.
  8. Ramoni3D

Ramoni3D New Member

Heyya,

Handled by email last night. I shut them down temporarily. Updating the servers now to get them running at the proper version again.

That'll teach me to not to check for for 5 days on a game that just launched.
  9. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Thanks Ramon! I see the new servers up.