Sniper Endorsements

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by sn0wy0bject, August 12, 2010.

1. sn0wy0bject

sn0wy0bject New Member

i noticed there isnt a sniper endorsement suggestion topic. so what do you guys suggest for custom endorsements?

i have gold, clip size. silver, reload speed. bronze rate of fire.

i feel like a noob at this game, eventhough im level 30. partialy cause i dont know good endorsements for classes. this is important.
  2. tehwalrus

tehwalrus New Member

I dont play much sniper, bu I would think rate of fire would be his number one.. and maybe throw a skill recovery in there - the FLAK attack is really powerful, and his traps are certainly useful
  3. NotACrazedGunman

NotACrazedGunman New Member

Depends on what your Sniper playstyle is. If you like defending paths under arches or pathways, throw a Skill Recovery in there, preferably Skill Pill (Silver), and Intelliclips or Total Recoil (both Gold), and Grandma Betty's (Bronze) couldn't hurt. Depends on what you prioritize.

If you're a strict Sniper:

Gold: Ammo Mule, Achilles, or Iturba

Silver: Round Hound, Dr. Trigger, or Secrets of the Reloading Masters

Bronze: BionoGrip, Grandma Betty's, or Uncle Tully's

Hope this helps :)
  4. tlbww

tlbww New Member

My loadout is this,

Gold Rate of fire (depends on which I feel I need)
    Silver skill recov
    bronze ammo

rate of fire is a must for taking out bots and maximizing atk
    Skill recov is great for trap spam
    Ammo is necessary b/c we have none. That submachinepistol is terrible w/o ammo.
  5. Tigerfox 360

Tigerfox 360 New Member

i go for
    #1 crit
    #2 firespeed
    #3 accuracy
  6. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I don't see the point of accuracy for the sniper. If you're no scoping, you're probably mid range, else you could quick snipe. If you're in mid to close range you will have to time you traps and shots right since you won't have the refresh or the ammo to back you up. Accuracy just seems like a waste. Are you trying to beef up the machine pistol? With limited ammo you might as well use the sniper for headshots than that thing.

I like Crit shot, but I only see it being useful if your not going for headshots (which I don't see why you wouldn't especially with a smaller clip).

Hrm, I won't knock it, but I don't think I'll try it. You're better off trading either of the 2 for armor.
  7. Tigerfox 360

Tigerfox 360 New Member

i've found that accuracy helps the scope shots as well,
    without any accuracy, the bullets seem to stray alittle for me.
    am i the only one who noticed that?

i was also under the impression that head shots were crits, thus without crit, sometimes the headshot isnt an insta kill.. ?

perhaps i should redo my snipe build?
    amusing to think ive been doing so well with a build that has wasted several endorsement slots.
  8. sn0wy0bject

sn0wy0bject New Member

right before i posted this topic i was using your setup. i changed it to the one stated, ive noticed....well thats the thing, with my previous setup i didnt notice much of anything. the +clip size i have found extremely useful especially when im duking it out with a support and his firebase.

headshots are always instakill im pretty sure.
  9. devorax

devorax Member

When scoped the bullet is dead accurate regardless of the accuracy endorsement.

Putting accuracy on the sniper is generally pretty useless unless you plan on OpTic-Gaming style no-scoping all day.
  10. joshdale

joshdale New Member

:lol:
  11. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I use gold speed, silver skill regen, bronze ammo.

I run as fast as an assassin not using her charge, running backwards spraying them with the uzi never gets old when they expect to catch you up!

Skill regen is important for ice traps and flak if you are an attacking sniper, personally I only base camp for the first minute or two and then i'm smg'ing bots, freezing areas in the arena and flaking turrets, the build I use works great and keeps you on the move quickly.
  12. Tigerfox 360

Tigerfox 360 New Member

alright, i'm switching between

Gold fire rate
    silver skill recharge
    bronze armor

and for the other build i swap skill recharge and fire rate around.

still not sure which is best.
  13. Rebz

Rebz New Member

I use those same three except mine are

Gold - skill recovery
    Silver - Armor
    Bronze - Fire rate

I have armor at silver because it allows you to survive an assassin face stab if your full health.
  14. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I've thought about that since I get killed by that all the time. A skillful assassin won't do those, so I don't even bother. Yet, b/c I don't have it, I get killed by face stabs all the time.
  15. XI_Mr_Pants_IX

XI_Mr_Pants_IX New Member

My endorsement setup is
    Gold Rate of Fire
    Silver Skill Recovery
    Bronze Juice

I feel that accuracy really doesn't help the sniper, because it doesn't appear that the sniper rifle has any bullet stray. My endorsements tie into each other rather well.
    Let's present the hypothetical situation that the enemy team's moneyball is down, and I've spent the last few minutes picking off bots. Bronze Juice allows me to gather juice faster than usual, and my skill recovery is essential when I'm flakking turrets around the base. Now I have full juice and there's no turrets on defense. I juice up, rush in, and proceed to hipfire the ball with my sniper. Rate of fire allows me to shoot three times as fast, and the sniper already does a decent amount of damage to the moneyball. I've easily taken down the moneyball single-handedly many times.