Black cloud issues with ATI cards

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Goose, January 15, 2011.

1. Goose

Goose Active Member

It doesn't seem like this issue has been addressed much and my friend wanted me to make a thread about how his card doesn't seem to be designed well towards this game. I have yet to see a potential fix to this. He was wondering whether or not it will be addressed or if there is a fix.

For those that don't know, random black "explosions" flash up on the screen. It usually happens with smoke where the smoke will be completely black. It doesn't affect gameplay much but it is really annoying. info please.
  2. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

ATI makes MANY cards. The most beneficial piece of info you can give these guys to fix it would be to supply WHICH card he has. :|
  3. Myst

Myst New Member

I get stuff like this all the time when I set the in-game to any resolution lower than my native PC resolution (1920x1200).
    So if in-game resolution = 1920x1200, I can play for hours in a row with no issues, but as soon as I drop the res (doesn't matter what I set it to), I start getting artifacts
    GFX Card: ATI Radeon 5870
  4. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I just recognized where I've seen you're avatar character from.

Samurai

Pizza

Cats. <3 :lol:
  5. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

I most likely have the same black artifacts. They are usually in place of explosions and kicked up dust from assassins running. It doesn't really bother me because it doesn't occur terribly often. A fix would be nice though.
  6. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Post some screenshots of these explosions in action.

Also, as it has already been pointed out, what is the model of your graphics card, what driver version do you have, and what flavour of Windows do you use?
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Uber is all over this, don't worry. The reason you probably haven't seen any post about it is that most of it was handled through PMs. They are aware of the problem, have screenshots, a video and are working on it.

Still, any further information can be useful! Like the screen resolution thing. I'm running the game on 1920x1080 (my native res). I haven't tried other resolutions yet, thx for the tip Myst!
  8. Goose

Goose Active Member

Its a AMD HD radeon 5770.

Windows 7

and 1920 x 1080...

BTW just sayin, its my friend that is having a problem with it. I have an Nvidia card and it works great.
  9. Goose

Goose Active Member

10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Thanks, we're getting some ATI hardware and checking out these issues in house.
  11. Goose

Goose Active Member

Thanks Eka.
  12. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ps2AXwrhPc
    Go to 15 seconds in and you'll see the artifacts. My cards is an HD 5770 made by xfx. Driver version says 8.801.0.0. I always use the latest drivers for my card. I get the artifacts in any resolution that I've played in (1920x1080, 1280x720, etc.). I hope that tells you all you need to know. Let me know if you need other information.
  13. FreeQuebec86

FreeQuebec86 New Member

just wanna post i got that too !

For radeon HD 6870 Sapphir !!!