Should aircraft be able to travel through teleporters?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by darkalbino, March 21, 2014.

1. darkalbino

darkalbino New Member

I love to spam air, and hate not being able to send it through to invade.. think of the possibilities!
    carlorizzante likes this.
  2. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

4. allister

allister Active Member

No, they shouldn't.
  5. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

Yes, they should.

So tempted to leave this now and show you the idiocy of making a binary statement without argments.
    But I would like to see air and naval be able to teleport, to take out the blobs of the air/naval units that would be waiting for them.
  6. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

perhaps a landing pad teleporter which could only accept a certain amount of aircraft at once and had a bit of a reload time between transportations. like a quick strike to wipe out all the aircraft in the immediate area and then send the ground units through, but almost impossible to send a continuous stream of aircraft to control the enemy planet soo the aircraft their would be limited to just defensive role wile the ground units did the damage. bombers and gunships could be transported but in smaller numbers than fighters. what do you think?
  7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

0 is false.
  8. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I prefer the idea of interplanetary movement for planes than teleporting.
  9. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I think there definitely should be a way to get aircraft from one planet to another.

I'm just not sure the ideal solution. Teleporters... maybe.

I like the idea of a spaceship carrier that loads aircraft up, flies to an enemy occupied planet, and then lets them all fall to earth. The aircraft would be vulnerable to Umbrella fire as well as anti-aircraft fire at the appropriate times. There'd also be a brief time while anti-aircraft fire can shoot at the incoming aircraft before the invading aircraft can move around or retaliate.

I also still really like the idea of an Advanced Fighter that can transfer between the air layer and the orbital layer and fly between planets.
    knub23, blacksword13, Biestie and 4 others like this.
  10. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

This is what I'd really like to see. Preferably something that isn't too overpowered, maybe only really effective against bombers, since that's the real threat-- especially with we get more mobile AA.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  11. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Love the SSTO and dropship style of things.

Not too much of a fan of air just mass barnstorming a teleporter. It just makes less difference between ground and air movement between planets.
  12. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

When I imagine things in terms of sci-fi, I would love something like a sort of exoskeleton/frame for an aircraft so it becomes an orbital unit, which it can shed to become an fighter jet again.

Of course this probably wouldn't be so good for gameplay though.
  13. Twinstar

Twinstar Active Member

yeah, they should!
    the gate is big enough, and Jumper could also fly through a Stargates, so why not??
  14. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Yes and no. If I was the one sending my giant fleet on T2 air though I would be all for it! But if I was on the receiving end then I would hate it.

Pretty much my opinion on a lot of stuff :)
  15. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Yet another reason to combine Avengers with T2 air and replace Avengers with The Justice League orbital bombers.
    vyolin likes this.
  16. fissure

fissure Member

Fundamental reason why they shouldn't be able to. Air has no limit to how many units can be overlapped. Ground units can only be side by side, but cannot walk on top of one another. This allows for an unfair advantage to the air spammer and builder to send through 1000 aircraft in 1 second, compared to bots, etc. which might be only 50/100 per second, and then slower with building if they're bots since they have to wait for the area to be cleared, vs aircraft which don't have to wait at all to clear a path, instabuild an antinuke and dozens of defensive structures and arty.
  17. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

Oh my god that would be awful lol
  18. darkalbino

darkalbino New Member

Also we should be able to rally to a teleporter and set a further waypoint for the receiving teleporter.
  19. superouman

superouman Post Master General

It should be possible to add a specific behavior to units entering a stargate and prevent stacked units to go at once.
  20. verybad

verybad Active Member

Problem with air units going through teleporters is that it makes it too easy to flood a new planet with T2 fighters/bombers and make it super easy to defend against invasions.

I would say, allow air units to pass through same planet teleporters, but to get to other planets, require factories of the same tech level be built in the new planet already