Unable to play multiplayer at all.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by M0G0, January 27, 2011.

1. M0G0

M0G0 New Member

Everytime i try joining servers, it kicks me for losing connection even though it shows me in the lobby. It keeps happening and i don't know how to fix it.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Steam could be having troubles right now. The quality of the Steam service changes more randomly than the stock market.
  3. Darktweets

Darktweets New Member

Every single time I try to join into a server, I get 1/2 messages.

#1) You have lost connection to the server [I'm pinging it at 67, and it's telling me I'm losing connection.

#2) The slots on the server are filled.. you will now be returned to the main menu [and there's six-eight slots free on the server that I'm trying to connect to]

The most recent server update didn't even take.
  4. I Zheet MDrurz

I Zheet MDrurz New Member

I'm having the same issue as DarkTweets. I keep getting those same two messages and I'm unable to join ANY multiplayer server. Is it just the PC version on steam that is having this issue, because it really needs to get fixed. I thought it was going to be resolved in this latest patch, but at least for me, this problem is still occurring...

Do any moderators even read these help posts?
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Yes we do read. The latest patch filters out older servers except for a few BETA servers that are still up. They will be gone soon.
  6. I Zheet MDrurz

Okay. Is there anything that can be done if the problem persists though? I have verified integrity, defragmented, and even reinstalled the game. So, is there anything else one can do to fix the issue if it continues?
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Issue of not able to join servers? Have you tried in the last 30 minutes?
  8. I Zheet MDrurz

Yes, I just tried about 5 min ago. I'm unable to connect to any dedicated server. I just get booted back to the main screen and I receive the message "Unable to connect to server." My roommate and I both have the game and share the same internet, he is able to connect, but I'm not. Even after I disabled my firewall (because I thought that might be the issue).
  9. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Wait he can connect and you can't? I don't think its a game issue.
  10. I Zheet MDrurz

Yeah, I'm starting to believe that myself. Thanks for your help, I'm just gonna do a system restore and see if that solves the issue.
  11. Smokindan

Smokindan New Member

I still can't see any servers at all in the server browser.
  12. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Smokindan,

What version do you have? Check the upper right corner when you launch the game.
  13. Smokindan

Smokindan New Member

19609. I patched to the latest version. I was having the same problem before, too.

The only other game I've had the same problem with was Unreal Tournament 3 when there was a free weekend for that.

I am using a USB network adapter so there might be something wrong with that. I'll try connecting the modem directly instead.
  14. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Can you see my two Ekanaut servers? I have people in them and they should be joinable.
  15. Smokindan

Smokindan New Member

No, that's the problem. I can't see any servers at all in the browser.

If it's any help here's a picture of my routers port settings with all the recommended ports forwarded. Maybe there's something there.

[​IMG]

EDIT: A few other things. I can see games friends are playing when I'm not in-game. When I launch MNC all the servers my friends don't respond. I've tried joining through the console using the IP address and it'll take a minute or so to connect, load up for a few seconds and then dump me back to the main menu saying, "Connection to the host has been lost."