Gamma Build: 63180

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, March 20, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The Invicticus has the art of the Invicticus faction leader. The delta is the commander that was first revealed in a vid.
  2. lazlopsylus

lazlopsylus New Member

Eh, I see a bug with the Invictus commander in that the Invictus commander has some of the resources (ImgSource, ProfileImgSource, and ThumbImgSource, going by the contents of catalog.js) pointing to the Delta commander's respective files instead of the Invictus commander's own. There's Invictus commander files present, catalog.js just doesn't point to them. Might be what was actually being referred to with the bug report, albeit not in the clearest way possible.

Quick temporary patch would be to change the references in the Invictus commander's object block to the proper Invictus files rather than the Delta files, but that doesn't fix the thumbnail in the armory, unusually...
    Quitch and cptconundrum like this.
  3. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I can confirm that modbatch works. I think Hotbuild got broken. For me the game now feels like I'm forced to play it 1 hand tied behind my back. only the most simple mods seem to work, anything even a bit advanced seems broken. I have about 20-30 mods installed though (all disabled now) so I'll try to slowly re enable them tomorrow to get a more detailed list on which ones do work.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  4. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

helll yeas
  5. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

Some are saying it's a multi-spawn bug:
    If 1 user times out (crashes? afk?) during landing selection, the game will never start. Perhaps it breaks the auto-land code. It will eventually make a sound like it started and everyone shows "Ready", but it doesn't start.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  6. zweistein000

Yea I had that happen and you don't even need to crash. It also happens of your computer is powered by hamsters, like mine. I took 10 minutes to load in a system (why was it more than 10 when I had played on that system before and it was less then 5 then if anyone's guess) and after that the game wouldn't start.
  7. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

Also, seems like pathing is a lot worse, suddenly. Its never been perfect but I seem to get unusually large numbers of units driving face-first into structures for long periods of time.
    zweistein000 and cwarner7264 like this.
  8. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Did you work on the network optimizations yet?
  9. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

For those wondering about the new Invictus vs Delta commanders:

Delta
    imperial_delta.png
    The Delta commander, now closer to how he appeared in the original teaser with his shoulders open.
    Sharp eyes might notice that's not the only difference, and no, it's not the antenna.
    Invictus
    imperial_invictus.png
    The commander previously known as Delta is now Invictus, and free to all.​
    Last edited: March 21, 2014
  10. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

[spoiler-warning]Uber laser!![/spoiler-warning]
  11. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

Clearly the delta has a bigger package then invictus.
    Devak and mrniceguy916 like this.
  12. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

I just got what seemed to be a server freeze. The client kept operating fine (I could rotate around, music continued etc). However all units and buildings were frozen, chat didn't work etc. I don't have any repro steps as I didn't do anything in particular the moment it happened, perhaps one of the other players did.
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Because on the main menu preview, lobby icon and in the armoury they're identical.

Your move, Garat :p
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Well. @wpmarshall just bought the Cosmic Edition last week so he could get his Delta commander back. He's gonna be pissed. :D
    Methlodis, Martenus and zweistein000 like this.
  15. zweistein000

Geers and cwarner7264 like this.
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Spoiler

EDIT: Only just spotted @Dementiurge's solution. Too subtle, man.
  17. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Wonder if the delta weapon is aa and invictus like a sniper bots gun?
  18. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Delta has an uber laser and invictus has the uber cannon.
  19. tollman

tollman Member

Great update. Just two things i noticed at the moment. One is that i also had a game freeze too. Everything was frozen but i could spin around the planet fine and select units. Quitting out i couldn't rejoin, though perhaps i waited too long. This was just me and the AI. The other thing is that I had 5 AI on and two 850 size planets. The 5 AI would all always choose the same planet to start on together, though which of the two planets it was changed when trying the system again. I was hoping they might split over the planets a bit. The AI is also not good at choosing where to land with their commander when landing on a new planet, often landing next to or even in the same spot at other commanders even when much of the world is empty.
  20. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I was tired when I read your post. Leave me alone!!! ;)