Multiple starting location for AI teams without shared army?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Shyru, March 18, 2014.

1. Shyru

Shyru New Member

Now that team-play (not shared armies!) is possible I noticed that when you create a team with two AI's they start at the same starting location (as it was with shared armies). Isn't this a bug?
    I understand that with shared armies this always happened because both AI's got the same starting locations to choose from and the algorithm for both determined the same start spot to be the best one.
    However when playing without shared armies everyone gets different starting locations to choose from, when playing for example with two people in one team. Shouldn't the two AI's in the other team also each get different start locations so that they do not start at the same spot?
    Is this something that is a known bug or a feature on purpose? I hope it is the first because having that implemented correctly would allow for more diverse games against the AI. One could for example play against 3 or 4 weak AI's and be surrounded by them on the planet because they all start at different spots.
    Currently playing against a team of AI's does not make a difference versus playing against a single AI.
  2. tollman

tollman Member

A week or so back Sorian responded to someone else raising this issue. Apparently it is known and will be changed at some point in the future. I agree that it should improve the vs AI game a fair bit.
    Shyru likes this.
  3. Shyru

Shyru New Member

Ok, that is great to hear! Thanks for the answer!
    Lets hope they will do it before 1.0!