Reserve slots

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by nfs924, January 26, 2011.

1. nfs924

nfs924 New Member

I've been hosting a server on my box since the game came out, and it's been full almost the entire time. It's awesome having an active server, but there's one problem; I barely can get into the game myself. And I can't admin the server unless I'm in the actual game, so I can't kick someone to free up a spot.

It's not a problem in most games, but since the max players are capped at 12 it's quite easy to fill up. The problem becomes even bigger once you try to invite a few friends, it's pretty much impossible.

Reserved slots are necessary for this game. Hopefully it can be implemented soon.
    Last edited: January 26, 2011
  2. MATPHAT

MATPHAT New Member

Re: Reserved slots

This is basic server hosting functionality and I'm surprised it's not already included.
  3. univern72

univern72 New Member

This is not basic server functionality. It is an extremely common mod, though. If anything, MNC could use support for server-side mods.
  4. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

What, you think just because you spend time and money setting up a server, that gives you the right to play on it?

:p
  5. nfs924

nfs924 New Member

Regardless of it being a basic feature or not, you can't even admin the server unless you're in the actual game. There's quite a bit of work to be done, hopefully some 3rd party tools will come out to help ease administration in general. I wish I knew some basic coding, because I'd jump all over this. Maybe it's time to learn :)
  6. univern72

univern72 New Member

I suppose I should probably hold my tongue until I'm more certain of how servers work considering I haven't tried to admin one yet, but have you seen this post?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5573

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but hopefully it helps.
  7. nfs924

nfs924 New Member

Oh yeah, I've been messing around with that a bunch. Hats off to the creator of it. Unfortunately it still doesn't give you any way to kick players :(