1. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

When I finally got steam/MNC up and running on the laptop;

settings on default (keys, graphics, etc.) I had a really hard time playing at all. the frame rate was horrible.

I looked around in the video settings and set everything on lowest settings (including sound, since I personally don't need it).

Game played better, but still choppy. Impossible to be a sniper but being a Support was reasonable enough to keep playing.

I saw another option, VSYNC. I asked a friend and he said having it disabled would help the frame rate. So I disabled it and played another game. It played so much more smoothly and the frame rate, while still imperfect, was solid enough for me to play any class.

However, with VSYNC disabled, another issue appeared. My mouse will at times freeze up (so I can't look around for a second) and I am unsure whether this is an issue with my laptop/mouse or an issue with MNC or an issue with VSYNC.

I can only see myself playing MNC with VSYNC disabled, and getting to the bottom of this mouse issue as painlessly as possible would be excellent.
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Yeah, vsync in most games will only cause problems if your framerate isn't steadily above your monitor's refresh rate. Even then, it sometimes causes input lag. This is something that should be OFF by default, IMO.

I don't see any reason for turning vsync off to cause mouse issues though. Try rebooting, and maybe check for mouse driver updates. What kind of mouse do you use?
  3. ManaCorporation

a laser microsoft mouse, and if it matters, the laptop is toshiba.
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

5. ManaCorporation

everything is all updated already.
  6. grimbar

grimbar New Member

My framerate cannot by design exceed the refresh rate in this game and I use Vsync fine.