Completely unable to play

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Giantenemy, January 26, 2011.

1. Giantenemy

Giantenemy New Member

I dont know how to explain the problem im having, but i'll try anyway.

I join a game, choose a class and leave the spawn. The game is fine, for about 15 seconds. Then all bots and players stop doing anything and continue along the trajectory they were moving at the speed they were moving. I'm assuming its some kind of connection loss to a server, yet no pop up saying i have lost connection or any other notification. i can still move and shoot, but not damage anything. This has happened on EVERY server i have been on. i have tried for 2 HOURS to find a server to play on. I am at the end of my patience.
  2. TheRockingDead

TheRockingDead Member

I'm having a similar problem, but I'm not even getting to the spawn. I'll connect to the game, I'll get the class selection UI, and then when I try to spawn in, I'll see the bots moving along their paths on the map, but nothing else ever happens. Eventually, they continue beyond their path as if I had lost connection.
  3. Giantenemy

Giantenemy New Member

I also had that, sometimes it would only show the bots moving n the map then walking off into a wall and other times it will elt me spawn then do that.
  4. vann

vann New Member

I just bought the game and have the same problem not of a good first impression if you ask me... :|
  5. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Do any of you have a Thomson router?
  6. vann

vann New Member

I do! :shock:

What's your suggestion to fix it?
  7. Myst

Myst New Member

Also, if you're on O2 Broadband and you try to telnet as the "Administrator" user and get this error:

"Login not allowed (User 'Administrator' is disallowed from lan to login to telnet)"

try the below login credentials instead - the default passwords changed some time in the past two years, so just try both to see which one works:

User: SuperUser
    Password1: O2Br0ad64nd
    Password2: Enter the serial number on the bottom of your router (also shown on your router's information page when you go to http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/info/?be=0&l0=0&l1=0)

Hope this works for you...

Edit: Any plans to sticky and/or otherwise raise awareness of this issue + solution? Seems like it has the potential to impact a large number of players (O2 Broadband is pretty popular in the UK at least).
  8. vann

vann New Member

9. Giantenemy

Giantenemy New Member

I have a BT homehub.
    i tried what that video suggested but i get 74 tunnel adaptors pop up, all with media disconnected. i tried the default IP and that didn't work either. i dont see what else there is to do :/
  10. Morello

Morello New Member

The BT Homehub has telnet access locked so you are out of luck, unless you have an old V1 hub (white) which hasn't been updated to the latest firmware. If you read through my thread on the Tripwire forums ( http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/s ... hp?t=38891 ) you'll find that at one point we managed to get a workaround file in place that worked, but something changed with Steam and this is no longer possible. Realistically your best option is to either connect to the server, wait until you lose connection and then open the console with ` and type reconnect and press enter (you might have to do this twice), or wait more than 60 seconds from refreshing the list.
    Last edited: January 27, 2011
  11. Giantenemy

Giantenemy New Member

Well, thanks for the comment, ill give it a try shortly and see how it goes.
    -EDIT-
    correct me if im wrong, but i dont believe there actually is a console in MNC :/
  12. TheRockingDead

TheRockingDead Member

My issue is only occurring on my work computer, but it's strange, since it worked fine during beta there. Also, it appears that some servers work, but there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason behind it.
  13. Morello

Morello New Member

I shall indeed correct you! :) You should be able to access it with either ` above the tab key, or ' next to "L" and ";" - on all the unreal engine games it alternates between the two on my system.

I used it yesterday so I know that it is there.
  14. Giantenemy

Giantenemy New Member

exactly the same here, i have succesfully maaged to get onto 3 servers. This problem seams to be random but frequent
  15. Giantenemy

Giantenemy New Member

Well, after several more attempts to play, it seams that i am only able to play on the first server i connect to. As long as i stay on the same server, there are no problems. Should i change server, every server causes this issue. Only once a day can i play this game, as it seams to allow me on one server everyday. Thanks for pointiong out that it was apostaphe key, i hadn't ever used console in a UT engine game before. Unfortunatly, the reconnect in console did not work, either during the Issue or before, doing it during had no effect whatsoever, and doing it before caused me to lose connection.
  16. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

mine seems to be working ok now without doing this but i am still getting a new modem, all the advice here didn't work for me but i live in Australia so that might be causing something
  17. Giantenemy

Giantenemy New Member

Still having this issue, except now i am unable to play on any server. It worked fine over the last weekend, allowing me to connect to every server, but it has become unplayable again...
  18. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

I think one workaround that some people have used is to wait a full minute between when you refresh the server list and when you join a server. This gives the router a chance to close whatever connection it's tripping over. You might give that a try, at least, and see if it's an improvement.