Is Planetary Annihilation a failure already?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by carlorizzante, March 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

And they made an attitude like that into a vanguard?
    iron420 and bradaz85 like this.
  2. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Aww, and I thought you all called me the black sheep.
    :(
    polaris173, Clopse, iron420 and 3 others like this.
  3. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Just so let you all know, I'm finally starting reporting the personal attacks and offenses I receive on this forum. If the moderators are fair, you will see some posts being removed.
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Carlo calm down and get some perspective. Everyone else, I'd advise you all to let the man simmer down. There's no need for this thread to go any further down a path that can only lead to trouble.
  5. hearmyvoice

hearmyvoice Active Member

I don't get this. Just because some of the reviews in Steam and Metacritic are bad doesn't mean that they all are. You can filter those bad reviews out with your brains.
  6. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Well said!
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Aaand I think it's time for a lock.
  8. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Man does that call for a witty remark. Come to the dark side, we have inappropriate humour!
  9. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

it will all get down how fast they can Implement the missing features and Update the current unfinished ones after release.....
  10. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Well played. I saw thetrophysystem pulled the godwin-card and came to congratulate him, but you beat me to it :p
  11. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I think its just time people chill out a little. The OP made his opinion and laid out his thoughts. Other people are attacking him because they don't view the game in the same light (people like this almost get offended for some unknown reason) so they resort to childish comments. I think he's raised one or two valid points myself, the game has never really had a develoment roadmap, things have been coming into the builds as and when they are finished. It would be good to get some light shed on to the topic of what is actually going to be in the "1.0 release build".
    iron420 and carlorizzante like this.
  12. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Uber have never asked us for more money. Uber have never said they won't finish the game. There is no evidence that we won't get everything promised eventually. Uber is making excellent progress with the game. Uber constantly responds to fan concerns and suggestions.

You like to pull unsubstantiated claims out of thin air and use them for doom mongering, hence I will no longer be reading your posts.

EDIT: LOL, I read another one. I am weak.
    Last edited: March 15, 2014
  13. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

and wont be complete at release either and thats not good.......... ( i hope it works out well )

trying to bring the thread back on topic over here.......
  14. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I'm guessing this is for me? From what I read, he shows concern for the game not being at the level it is supposed to be at by release, which is fairly speculative, but he does have reasons to be speculating. A straight statement of the final unit roster, what 1.0 release will entail, the level of performance that we are expecting, what is actually going to be left out of 1.0. Because to just assume that things are going to be as they were planned out at kickstarter is just silly. They have already said that the kickstarter money was nowhere near the amount they needed.
  15. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

Tbh, while carlo presented his opinion in a slightly provocative way, the "escalation" is certainly not solely his fault. Many people in this thread are intolerant of any opinion that deviates off their own. He might not be right and he might seem to accuse Uber of things that feel insulting but the personal attacks started from the rows of those who opposed him.
    Wanting him to be banned for stating his opinion and personally attacking him is not a proper way of acting.

He might be wrong, he might be unfair towards Uber and spreading conspirationist theories (although I am not sure whether that is his intention..he simply presents his opinion in a provocative way).

But this witch hunt needs to stop, no matter how "wrong" he seems to be (and at the core he indeed does have some valid points in my opinion).
  16. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Well, I don't think I've said anything anyone of you thought at least once. I wrote down my thoughts and I tried to be objective (you can subject this, but I really did), and I'm glad that many did take the time to disprove me.

So far, I think we had quite an interesting confrontation about the topic, which is not of a minimal importance for many.

Regarding the invitation to leave the forum, I would say, seriously? What do you think will ultimately benefit the future development of the game, a horde of yes-men, or people who can express themselves when they feel something is not quite right?

What I am trying to understand is, will the game and Uber keep their indipendance and will we see regular improvements after release with what we have been anticipated/promised (time is never been an issue of mine)? Or will other investors take over the poker-table, and dictate to Uber how to proceed?

That's ultimately my question, if you understood the doubts behind my first post.

Now, everyone can be wrong. I can be wrong. You too can be wrong. But if Uber will lose control on their project, 'cos they need more money to proceed, you may agree that we may see a disappointing change of course in the next future.

In that case, I would feel that as a Kickstarter project, the game will end up in a failure, where no matter how much money people behind the scene will make, we as final customers and players, will feel fooled.

Do you agree with that at some degree? Or are you in a complete state of denial? :)
  17. Geers

Geers Post Master General

If we were yes-men there wouldn't be a forum dedicated to balance.

Oh ok, either we're on your side or we have the same mental state as people who think we didn't land on the moon.
    vyolin and brianpurkiss like this.
  18. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

It's fine to question what will happen to the game in future, but you are constantly assuming, based on little to no actual evidence, that the worst case scenario will occur. This is what grates people. I certainly don't agree that you should be banned, or leave the forum, but I do find some of your posts needlessly provocative.
    polaris173, Teod, vyolin and 4 others like this.
  19. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

That is right.
    But no offensive meaning against uber and a closed world-building "everything-is-stupid-what-you-make" and " you have destroyed an unfinished game, uber"...
    And we're are not yes-men's/ women, we have so many threads to uber to make some thing better, helping with fixes and balance, the community is important in game-development.
    But I think we can pay homage to uber when they've made some epic things.
    FSN1977 likes this.
  20. karolus10

karolus10 Member

Well... this escalates quickly.
    iron420 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.