Choppy Gameplay (build 62857)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by javaczarbob, March 15, 2014.

1. javaczarbob

javaczarbob New Member

In the last build, when the settings were on medium, the gameplay was smooth throughout. However, with the new build, I've noticed that gameplay is choppy, even at the very beginning, even if I turn my settings all the way down to low. Has anyone else experienced this since the new release? This is a shame since the game's so much fun; I hope this gets fixed soon!
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I have also noticed this - it's choppy enough to be unplayable. I make a build queue and it lags immensely between construction.
  3. Crembels

Crembels Member

Ive been experiencing this for as long as the game has been out.

Ive done everything in the FAQ thread and the game is still a slideshow despite basically looking like *** (honestly its not really that much different, just more blurry).
    I don't get how guys like Zaphod and the devs can get almost constantly smooth gameplay in a massive multi-person and planet battles while simultaneously recording, it yet i nothing i do seems to make an appreciable difference. I've basically resorted to only playing when a new build is released to check if its playable yet.

I know that the internet quality affects the game but i'm unsure how much. Since my internet is utterly awful and is unlikely to change unless I move country, if it is indeed the server that causes this, i'd like to have the ability to have an offline mode that shoves all the responsibility to the client in AI only games.
  4. ragnarroeck

ragnarroeck New Member

If you own a recent/decent NVIDIA card, Shadowplay will help a lot with streaming video.
  5. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I seem to have the same fps as last patch.
  6. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I have much better fps on low. I finally reached 50 at the beginning, it's an all-time high.
  7. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

i dont understand, why the lobby for more than 5 players generates automatically so many planets. Cos obviously the performance is not good enough on most pcs (and also the servers) for more than 3-4 planets with 1 big and the rest small ones.

I recommend everyone not to play on more than 3 planets of which at least 1 is a moon or metal planet^^