Problem running dedicated server on Windows Server 2008

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Xelles, January 26, 2011.

1. Xelles

Xelles New Member

Hello,

I try to set up a dedicated server on Windows Server 2008 32bit. I downloaded the whole game via Steam, as a standalone server package isn't available yet. Then I started the game and downloaded the updates. It got stuck when it tried to launch the game as I was connected via Remote Desktop which doesn't really support this kind of applications. So that was expected. But at least I got the updates.

This should be sufficient for running the server. An up to date game. So I ran included batch file. The server started and people started to join already.

However, after I and some of my friends went into the server to test it, we all got the same error message:
    I tried to replace the DLC1 AmmoMule with an up to date version of my other computer, with which I play the game. But that didn't solve the problem. I am wondering if you know the cause and, hopefully, a solution. Me and my friends cannot find the cause :)
  2. MisterNine

MisterNine New Member

On the dedicated server open steam, right click on MNC and click Properties. Select the Local Files tab at the top and then click Verifty Integrity of Game Cache. See if that helps. If not, try deleting the local files and reinstalling the game. Seems like something went wonky with that install maybe.
  3. Xelles

Xelles New Member

I have completely reinstalled MNC. Removed everything and downloaded the game again. That solved the problem :)

My server seems to have crashed overnight though, while running the MNC server. But cannot tell if the MNC server caused that.