Astraeus moon glitch

Discussion in 'Support!' started by phoenix2700, March 12, 2014.

1. phoenix2700

phoenix2700 New Member

The Astraeus cannot move from a medium-large sized planet to it's moon. It goes half-way there and then vanishes and re-appears back on it's starting planet. (If I ordered it to leave planet 1 and arrive at planet 2's north pole, it will arrive at planet 1's north pole.)

Any one else having this issue? It can travel to other, further planets just fine.
  2. rancor47

rancor47 Member

I have had this issue also. I had two moons in orbit of a medium small planet. I could send the astraeus to the far moon but not to the closer moon. the closer moon had a really small orbit. I think the smaller orbit is causing it.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Obviously there's something wrong with your hyperdrive.
    timp13 likes this.
  4. rancor47

rancor47 Member

They told me they fix it! It's not my fault!
    Geers and Slamz like this.
  5. phoenix2700

phoenix2700 New Member

Just got out of a game, I've got to say that they need to fix this glitch, it makes moons totally unmanageable.

In my game I took over a moon, made several nukes and halleys then moved into orbit of the starting planet for some mayhem. Problem was, the nukes couldn't reach the starting planet due to this bug. I tried moving the moon from one orbit to another, firing the nukes then leaving orbit so the nukes would land, but this crashed the game. This. Needs. To be. Fixed.
  6. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

anything involving a freshly relocated moon is borked at the moment, in some way.
  7. EdgarAlanPWN

EdgarAlanPWN New Member

I noticed this in one of my own systems, and was able to resolve the issue by moving my moon(s) further away. It seemed like the gravity well of my main planet would prevent the Astraeus from getting to a moon that was orbiting too close.
  8. phoenix2700

phoenix2700 New Member

Okay, I'll make a sample system and try out your suggestion EdgarAlanPWN. Btw, love that name.