Neutrino: How are the PA sales?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Daddie, March 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Any chance of a comment on how you'll keep developing PA after 1.0? There's been some fuss over certain much anticipated features possibly coming after launch or even not at all. Uber has always promised long term support and continued development, but that has to be paid for somehow obviously. So how? DLC? Semi-sequel like Forged Alliance? A big expansion like Core Contingency? Monetized modding? All of the above? I'm sure the Big Feature concerns would vanish pretty fast if people knew how that long term support would happen.
  2. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Thanks for the answer.

It doesn't address some fundamental questions, though.

Which features will the game have at release (version 1.0) and will all the Kickstarter features be present at release? Or some of them will be absent.

Regarding the latter, what will be left out, does the expression *foreseeable future* include key parts of the original concept, like the Unit Cannon, or this feature has been definitely stripped out?

I think we could be fine with the removal of the Unit Cannon, if we could have an alternative. Even if that would sadden many, starting from myself.

An other essential question is about what you guys often refer as *other planetary invasion options*. So far we do not have any real option. So in which way are you solving this impasse?

Planetary Annihilation is an awesome game, and you guys rock. But I'm quite confident to speak for many here: we would like to see more development in the planet to planet mechanic. Smashing asteroids is a great fun. However, limiting the interplanetary war to just that is highly reductive compared to the potential we all can imagine.

So, after the so stressed polishing phase, what can we expect? In which direction the game will proceed?

Thanks for caring about the Community. That's one of the thing that makes Uber shining compared to many other software houses.

But you understand. We would like some more details about the future of the game we are supporting.
    iron420 likes this.
  3. carlorizzante

All right. Listen up.

Since one of my post has been removed, could you please remove all the posts in which the user *brianpurkiss* quote my text?

The user is manipulating my words, and a fair committee should not tolerate that action as well.

Or, it should be allowed me to reply to the misleading posts by the user *brianpurkiss*. Unfortunately, as soon as I did it, my post has been removed.

Up to you to judge the fairness of situation.
    allister likes this.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I'm honestly sorry you think I'm manipulating your words.

There is a report feature if you think forum rules are being broken. That would be the proper route rather than attacking me in a public manner.
  5. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Feel free to talk about how you perceive our game is selling and stuff. But, let's get this back on topic, bros.
    FSN1977, tilen and drz1 like this.
  6. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

Instead of asking the budget that Uber Entertainment has to work with on this particular title. Perhaps it's better to ask if the promised features are making their way into the game on schedule. Perhaps even detailing some of the long term plans that are going to be in. Luckily Uber Entertainment has already been pretty open about this, but any additional information would be welcome in my opinion.

The thing with new information is that it builds anticipation and excitement. I may not be a regular player these days, but I frequently visit the forums to take a look at what's new. Whenever there's a big patch I always play one or two rounds to get a feel of where the game is at. I'm looking forward to a more complete experience of the game.

Even in the current situation I am currently reasonably happy with how the game is turning out. If this trend keeps going then I am sure that Planetary Annihilation will be a fun and addictive game to play.
    vyolin and carlorizzante like this.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

So far I haven't seen any indication from Uber that they won't be meeting any goals.

The game release was delayed so they will reach the goals.

To me that means they will reach the goals.
    drz1 likes this.
  8. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Your one deleted post was an outright ad hominem attack. I normally don't respond to posts like this, but you blatantly break the rules, and then complain about it in public? There was no reply in your post, simply calling another user stupid.

What, exactly, was appropriate about that post, if you want to hash it out in public? Mind you, I don't recommend it, but you're the one going down that path.
    Last edited: March 12, 2014
    FSN1977 and drz1 like this.
  9. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Uh oh, looks like Brad is going to have to ban Garat!
    bradaz85, zweistein000 and drz1 like this.
  10. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

That was a somewhat cherry picking post. Did you not see where neutrino wrote that they are still trying to get the big rock features in before polishing? We can safely assume that the kickstarter goals are big rock features, given that they were promised so a sizeable number of supporters. Anyway, let's see where it goes.
  11. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Can you imagine the size of his ban hammer with those guns??
  12. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

i've been resisting, but I can't...hold...out...any...more
    gotta bust out the popcorn dude on this thread! :D

[​IMG]
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

[​IMG]
  14. Daddie

Daddie Member

Thanks for the answer, I wasn't looking for the raw numbers like finance but more the general sense. I am glad to hear that sales are good enough for Uber to even make it into a long term franchise. Keep up the great work, and communication with the community, and I am sure we will have years of fun ahead :)
    cptconundrum, drz1, LavaSnake and 2 others like this.
  15. carlorizzante

I respect you, Garat, very much. I always like your style, and this time isn't any different. Indeed, I thank you for you direct answer.

Everyone has their own personal view on things. Personally I feel like being attacked by Brianpurkiss on regular basis.

This is very annoying. Specially when the guy puts rules for others, and regularly breaks them. I could never stand to that behavior.

What I personally think about that guy has been written, deleted by you, and I did not change my mind about him. As you saw, I have been pretty clear about it. But, since I do respect you and I keep your suggestion in great consideration, I will keep ignoring that guy, as I am doing since quite a time. I think it is the best thing I can do.

Just please delete the posts where he manipulates my own words. Would you?

What infuriates me is that, after I have been asked to delete my early statement, I did in respect of you guys at Uber (and that was fine). But now it feels like an injustice to have brianpurkiss using and manipulating that statement in the effort to damage me. As you can imagine, that doesn't make me particularly happy ;)
  16. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Please make use of the reporting system. If the report is valid, it will be dealt with. But if you're upset that someone interprets something you said differently than you, either qualify your position or move on. Internet arguing 101, sir. :) I do not read every thread, so I'm not going to go looking to parse posts to figure out how someone else may have interpreted it. Your post got deleted simply because it was blatantly breaking the rules. You were attacking the person. Ad hominem. Not the post / information which is what you're supposed to be arguing.
  17. carlorizzante

Well, I was very angry :rolleyes:

I accept your course of action, and I'm not making further problems. I'm not gonna waste your time with this.

Thanks for your prompt feedback.
  18. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Given the vast amount of game they've outputted, what they anticipated to output and the deadlines, they're quite nicely on track. (or at least within sufficient boundaries).

Think of it: december was the anticipated release for what i assume is the non-stretchgoal game. They built an entire engine, applied high-tech software (e.g. virtual texturing, procedural planets), high-tech AI, and met most original pitch goals by december. Along the way to this the scope got expanded on various areas.

Alpha pretty much was a playable, fun game.

So yea, taking the full scope into account, i'd guesstimate they're doing well.
    brianpurkiss, LavaSnake and drz1 like this.
  19. karolus10

karolus10 Member

It's a blind guess ,but I suspect that if developers can work full time over this project without risk of starvation, we (players) don't had to worry much about PA future... that's all from me :D.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  20. tilen

tilen Member

I think the fact that the game's on Steam's top 100 seller list, probably ever since it got on Steam, speaks for itself. I'd say there's enough Metal extractors for the time being. :)
    brianpurkiss and LavaSnake like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.