Neutrino: How are the PA sales?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Daddie, March 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddie

Daddie Member

I know you can't (or won't) tell the real numbers but are the number of sales what you expected? Is it less or more then you expected? If applicable, is an expansion (in any form) viable and to be expected? Do you feel that the number of sales are enough to rekindle the RTS genre, will investors be interested again to invest is these kinds of games?

Thanks in advance for answering :)
  2. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

Look at the kickstarter funding its waaay above of all the goals it was allready a win for them and since then lots of people bought it and after release even more will buy it.
  3. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

-
    Last edited: March 12, 2014
    ace63 likes this.
  4. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

Huh where on earth did you get that information, that is just compleet nonsence.
  5. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

I'd love to know the answer to this, too - from a fan's perspective, looking to bolster my hopes that it's becoming a success... but I don't think Uber's going to put it out there. (I wouldn't, if I were them).

They're being really swell about having open communication with the community about development - but when it comes to business stuff, I think they're right to draw a line.

As soon as neutrino puts a number out there, it's inevitable that we're going to do some math, and when we come up with an estimate of how much money Uber is/has made, we'll start making comments like carlorizzante's above.
    iron420 and cptconundrum like this.
  6. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

Check their last goal they set and check how much people founded
  7. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Source or it didn't happen.
  8. Devak

Devak Post Master General

At every steam sale it was on page 1 of top sellers. So it is going pretty wel, especially since it is supposed tot be a gaming niche
  9. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Top sellers means nothing imo. The numbers did rise a lot, but it is counted in hundreds, not in thousands. This is just steam stats, there is of course a lot of standalone clients that are not shown in this.

But you can see that the newcomers abandon the game very quickly.

http://steamcharts.com/app/233250#1m

Which in this stage is "good". I think it is better to have a good quality community during the developement, that helps to shape the game and not quantity. Quantity will come once the game is released anyway and then the community will be spoiled :p No need for that now!
  10. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Sorry guys.

I have been asked to remove my comment, since it gathered data from a section where not everyone is allowed.
    Last edited: March 12, 2014
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

this is probably confidential, guys.
    Quitch and cptconundrum like this.
  12. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Yeah, with the amount of information Uber shares with us I can see how it is easy to make the mistake in thinking that we should have access to everything. We are a part of this game's development, but not a part of the company. I'm very curious about this too so I don't blame people for wanting to know, but I really don't think Uber has any obligation to release anything related to money to the community.
    wheeledgoat and cwarner7264 like this.
  13. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing whatever the amount is it's not enough to satisfy the higher ups. Otherwise they wouldn't prioritize flashy gimmicks over function and features. It doesn't matter what the numbers are, it matters how Uber handles it either way.
    vyolin likes this.
  14. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

There are other sections we aren't allowed in? :O
  15. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

'The higher ups' are @neutrino and @o - I'm being entirely earnest when I say that if you've got a problem with how they're handling things, send them a PM!
    wheeledgoat and LavaSnake like this.
  16. Daddie

Daddie Member

Well.. as a fan of this series I am curious what the odds are other companies will start making a game in this genre. Also as a kickstarter I am curious what Uberent thinks about the whole PA venture. Are they satisfied? Will they do it again? Personally I hope they made more money then was expected as they deserve every penny for the stuff they already put in place for us :)
  17. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

All im gonna say is the game is doing well, common sense will tell you that.

If the game wasnt selling well or there was a shortage of funds it wouldnt be "release when its finished".

As far as how the sells are going, thats none of our business really, and @neutrino in the doom and gloom thread
    long ago said he would not discuss numbers with us. So i doubt youll get an answer.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  18. kongkillha

kongkillha Member

carlorizzante and Geers like this.
  19. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I'm genuinely curious as to what you define as "flashy gimmicks". Also, I agree that we shouldn't really know what the financial situation is at Uber. One day, I would like them to be able to say "PA did okay, so were happy with it" at least!
    I AM curious as to whether, if they knew what they knew now, they would have still chosen Kickstarter 2 years ago.
  20. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I'm more interested in what they think of the number of users, honestly. From my experience trying to get friends to play PA, they start out having no clue what to do, get frustrated and then decide they'll try again some other time (which they still haven't done). That's a really big problem in my opinion, because those people are unhappy and probably won't pick the game up any time soon because of the learning curve. Fewer players, less advertising through word of mouth, etc. are the results.

I think PA needs a proper tutorial that goes over managing an economy, controls, basic strategy and key bindings in order to engage new players rather than frustrate them.
    bradaz85, moldez, lokiCML and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.