Monday Night Combat launch tourney

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Clans, Team, and Tournament' started by pnx, January 26, 2011.

1. pnx

pnx New Member

Hello everyone. Lets make it competitve:

Monday Night Combat Launch tourney!

Sign up with your team to take place in the first ever Monday Night Combat tourney! It is going to be good old regular elimination with best of three.

Basic Rules:

- Every team has to provide at least 6 players!
    - Best of 3
    - Insulting in any form will result in disqualification
    - All classes and Endorsements are allowed
    - All games are going to be played on the newest possible patch
    - Not showing up will result in def win for the enemy team (prove with screenshot)
    - Maps will be choosen by downvoting one map after the other

Server Rules:

- Roundtime 20 minutes, Overtime 5 Minutes
    - Bots and Juice buying is _allowed_
    - Max. 2 players / class on each side
    - Dedicated Server! (Raquemis, please contact me if its possible to use one of your servers for the tourney, so we can schedule games on it)

Dates:

- Games will be played in about 2 weeks after tourney launch.
    - The Tourney will be international, so be available at weekends to
    maybe even play on noon because of different timezones

PM to me with:

- TeamName
    - SteamID's of all 6 +optional players
    - Nationality of the Team
    - Dedicated Server (yes/no)

Prices:

- Winners will be announced here, and will earn fame and stuff :)
    - Uber Entertainment: feel free to offer cool tags for the winners or something :)
    - If Uber Entertainment provides an Observation or Replay Mode, we will try to cast the finals live on the air!

Why participating?

Help us building up a competitive Community so this game will stay alive as long as possible. Also we want to get a feel how balanced this game really is!
    - FUN!

Im looking for a tournament director right now, so if you are interested to help organizing this tournament, pm me or add me in steam (id/pnxvow)!

2. pnx

pnx New Member

Reserved for List of Applied Teams!
  3. grimbar

grimbar New Member

AVAM will not participate due to lack of players and bad rules.
  4. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Typical buzzkill.

On the other hand, yeah OT isn't suitable for comp; any teamwork or co-ordination will render it redundant, and it's almost renders the whole match pointless if it comes to it. Not to mention some classes are made severely underpowered the instant it hits.
  5. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Straying from default rules, as debated in countless other threads, is inane at the moment. Evaluate the default ruleset for a long period of time and then decide whether changes are necessary.

Otherwise we'll have 4 different cups with 4 different rulesets because suddenly everyone knows what's best and what needs to be done without ever looking at what we have been given in the first place.

Also if you consider me a buzzkill Mikey I am glad to be one, have a nice day
  6. Jimster

Jimster New Member

Perhaps you could offer the guy a list of suggestions so that he may adapt his tournament so more teams get involved with the idea. Go through the bad rules and offer suggestions as to whether they should be removed or just changed... And offer new rules which would help make the tournament more fun.
  7. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Already did, it's called default
  8. Jimster

Jimster New Member

And your view on the tournament times? Also map choice, would you say map voting or random is best? o_O
  9. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

So called "COMPETITIVE" MNC should always use the base rule set Uber has.
  10. grimbar

grimbar New Member

That is outside of the scope of the default rules and can be debated upon, best of 3 seems reasonable. Map picking and map length are two entirely distinct things
  11. Jimster

Jimster New Member

I asked you about rules, not server config. It's just as much about the tournament setup than it is about how the servers are setup on them. I'm not asking about map length.
  12. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Single-elimination, best of 3, depending on pool size a high and a low bracket (doubt we could fill that and he is in no position to judge who should be high and low bracket)

Other than that there are hardly any competitive teams to be found at this very moment.

I commend his effort to bring forth such a thing, but his effort is ruined by the fact that he didn't have this thing down to "sign up and play" before he posted.
  13. pnx

pnx New Member

I want to help this game to become popular. In order to archive that, i am willing to talk about any details of the rouleset. No OT? fine, no problem as long as it serves the gameplay. So please post at least a link to a ruleset you prefer and i will be glad to make adjustments accordingly.
  14. grimbar

grimbar New Member

We said it three times already, default.

As in: the rules the game has when you don't make any (read: any) changes.
  15. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

In other words he doesn't approve of class limits.

Which means he's all for 6 sniper teams, or 6 assault teams that can just ride up there and spawncamp with bombs galore.

Get fucked. Emphasis on fun, not who can bash out the most absurd team formations to steam roll with. Like playing Chess but with ALL knights so ANY move the oppenent will do will be countered with another knight.
  16. grimbar

grimbar New Member

We are talking about tournaments, tournaments are competitive and played to win. Playing for fun is for special olympics and pubs.
  17. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Reality check: MNC is a GAME. It's supposed to be fun, even if you play in a team.
  18. grimbar

grimbar New Member

That is also why the winner gets a hug and not usually some amount of money.
  19. CrancK

CrancK New Member

free hugs for everyone! everyone is a winner!
  20. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

You might want to read the OP again.