game imblance - guaranteed win in certain systems

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Sidion, March 7, 2014.

1. Sidion

Sidion New Member

Hello, i have found a significant imbalance that should be corrected as it results in a for certain win in a any system with a plannet in solo orbit with size 349 or smaller

I was in a game today and tried to smash a moon into a moon, and noted that the interface does not let me smash the moon i had into a planetary object that could be used to smash (ie any planet with size 349 or smaller)

I also noted the planet i was on was of that size and had no 'moons' orbiting it, therefor preventing nukes from being able to reach it. so by simply covering the skies of my little planatoid with enough orbital defense satellites i could prevents any ships from getting to it, as they are able to defend against significant sizes or orbital ships that can traverse inter-planetary.

if my commander is on that rock, i win that game, its just a matter of time

this should probably be addressed, the easiest solution game mechanic wise would be to allow planet smashing into planets of smaller size.

that is all, thanks for your time, and the awesome game
  2. hotrod92

hotrod92 New Member

Couldn't the opposing player simply build up a large force of orbital fighters to take out the orbital defense satellites?

Still, if you manage to fight off the enemy enough to be able to cover your whole planet with Orbital Defense satellites, I'd say that you deserve to win that game. Seems more like a decent strategy than an imbalance to me.
  3. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

Orbital defenses are that strong that a few of them can easily take out whole armies of avengers...believe me..I tried it... *rip 300 avengers*
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

You should be able to smash moons into anything. Also you can change orbits so someone can just make their own Death Star and start flinging nukes.

Oh, this is probably why.
    Last edited: March 8, 2014
    zweistein000 likes this.