Team Burning Social Comp 3. This time with 200% more planets!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bradburning, February 22, 2014.

1. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

Hello Planet smashers.

So due to myself not having net for three and a half weeks, Team Burning was in a disarray, but I am back, and now it's time to have another social comp!

Where: Internet

When: 8th of march, 2pm (GMT + 10:30). New Zealand 4:30pm. Vancouver time 7:30pm (the day before). Count down timer.

Format: 1v1 single elimination, best of one except for finals best of 3 (depending on numbers and time we will try do best of 3 for semi finals.

Planets: 1x650 radius moon (0 height range), 2x200 radius moon (0 height range circling primary planet).

All players are required to sign up using the following form.

Rules
    • Players are Required to have PA stats mod installed

• Any referee decisions are final, we will observe any games that we can, but we will mostly be playing in the comp as well.

• Games do NOT need a referee in them but can be supplied on request.

• No exploits, are allowed (not that I can think of any I know ones currently)

• Not mandatory, but its recommended to have Fraps or another program that can be used to capture and save screen shots in the event one player is cheating ect.

• All players will be required to be on the Team Burning IRC by the start time to sign in where they will be entered into Challonge.

• If you believe you are going to be late for any reason please let me know and we will give allowances as much as possible.

• Each player can request one restart for unfair spawn points. Please take screen caps of both players starting location.
    Last edited: February 25, 2014
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Yo!

Uni's back, I know it's a Saturday, but more likely than not I'll have been bombarded with assignments, tests and ******* Creo.

None the less, I am keen to put my name down as a referee person.
  3. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

4. drunkenwalrus

drunkenwalrus New Member

hey, sounds good! should be able to play as long as my comp is up for it by then ;)
  5. badbiki

badbiki New Member

6. hohopo

hohopo Member

I'm in, loving the form ception we have going here as well ;)
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Sounds good to me. Sign me up. :D

Edit:..... Or I could read the post properly.
    mishtakashi and stormingkiwi like this.
  8. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

I'm confused on the time 2pm where?
  9. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

It is set to begin at 2 pm in the GMT+10.30 timezone. Check out the handy countdown timer link in the op to have a time zone independent check that you've got the right time noted. It's our precaution after timezone troubles with folks not showing up at the right time in the past.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  10. darac

darac Active Member

Possibly playing
  11. decyne

decyne New Member

I'd like to play but am unfortunately going away then. Hope it all goes well!
  12. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

So...... This still a go or can I go snowboarding?

Edit: so this is next weekend. I can go :D
    bradburning and stormingkiwi like this.
  13. bradburning

Yup, next weekend. Assuming we get more players atm we are sitting at 5 players. A lot of Team Burning people can't conferring if they can play along with the AU based time puts off a lot of players.
  14. mabdeno

mabdeno Active Member

I might be able to be a late entry but ill have to see whats happening next Saturday afternoon.
  15. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Weird time for me here in America.

I can commentate though.
  16. bradburning

With only 5 entries we have decided co cancel the comp. Quite a large number of the clan are currently inactive for various reasons. We will look to hold more in the future, when the clan is looking more active and hopefully a more active Australian scene.

If you are still looking for a tournament this weekend check out this thread.