Can't see my units

Discussion in 'Support!' started by RobCob, March 6, 2014.

1. RobCob

RobCob New Member

Last night I tried to play a game but I could not see any of my units (my team mate was still alive (shared army)), I tried restarting the game, restarting steam, restarting my pc but nothing worked. I then gave up with that game and my next game worked fine.

Today I have the same problem. F5 does not help. I just updated my graphics drivers and that did not help. I can see all planets in the solar system and go between them but I cannot see any units or select my commander with C.
    Edit: All three games were on the same solar system. It has 1 large metal, 1 medium ice, 1 large crashable lava and 1 small crashable moon.
    I have uploaded my DxDiag and the logs for the last game.

Please help? :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 6, 2014
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Do you have this solar system saved? Can you load it in system editor and then check PA.exe memory usage?

You have only 4GB RAM so if game using more RAM you have it's can cause serious issues.
  3. RobCob

RobCob New Member

Yes, with the system loaded, but not previewed, the result is shown in image 1.
    with all planets previewed, the result is shown in image 2.
    I'm guessing this means that I need to buy more ram?
    But I have had larger solar systems before the most recent patch with nothing but slower/more jumpy gameplay.

Edit: In 1, the high starting point was me being reconnected to the game
    Edit2: When the game is closed, I'm using roughly 1.29 GB.
    Edit3: Trying the system again... and it is working but that doesn't mean that the bug is gone forever

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      9.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      9.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: March 6, 2014
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I'm not totally sure, but I suppose if game going out of RAM it's might cause situation when ChronoCam isn't able to load units properly.

Also keep in mind that memory usage depends on many factors and system with bigger planets might use less RAM in some cases.