Gamma Build: 62225

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, March 4, 2014.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We appreciate your patience and your help as we track down some new crashes and bugs! This build should help knock out the most egregious crashes, both on the client, and in the server, that are hitting people.

Over the coming days, we will continue to fix these as fast as we find them. Any additional information the community can provide to us on the forums helps us fix these crashes that much faster. We want the instability gone from the game too!

If you find yourself in a situation where you have identified a specific set of actions that cause the client, or the server, to crash every time you do them, please send us email at support@uberent.com. In addition to making it easier for us to fix the bug, it will also make sure it gets fixed as fast as possible.

Specific Fixes:
    - Server crash related to air unit orientation; This was the crash most people were seeing a while after starting.
    - When a lobby creator leaves their lobby, ownership of the lobby should now correctly pass to the next person.
    - Fixes a client crash that could occur when anti-virus was enabled
    shootall, drz1 and proeleert like this.
  2. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

cool!

EDIT: also FIRST
  3. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

Steam is not giving me the update to download, even restarted my computer.
  4. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

The PA launcher has the update text in all white . . .

I have to select it to read the update message. (Just a FYI) :)
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Trying to check if any bugtracker problems was fixed.
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Also you guys forgot to fix the position of loadMods in new_game.js and building_planets.js again. :)
    It need to go after all the handlers have been defined, (but just before app.registerWithCoherent(model, handlers) of course.)
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I just fixed this locally (testing it), but I'll need to get it reviewed. This is not code area I'm familiar with, though the change was simple enough. One way or another, we should get it fixed in one of the next two builds.
    drz1, cola_colin, Raevn and 1 other person like this.
  8. DeathByDenim

Awesome, thanks! I've been shadowing that page with a fixed version for my mod and freak out every time you push a new build since shadowing always has the potential of breaking stuff hard. :)
  9. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

10. Forgrimm

Forgrimm New Member

11. Zgneishik

Zgneishik New Member

After gamma update I can't change the orbit and send to annihilate, just because the game works, but I can't use my mouse.
  12. Daddie

Daddie Member

Any word about the topic who can expect what in the armory? This way I can report an armory bug (or not if it is fixed ;) ).
  13. mrhasselhoof

mrhasselhoof New Member

I don't know if this is a bug but..whenever i send a larg army to the enemy they all get stuck in the walls i build. (I can't remember having this issue before the gamma release) but is it a pathfinding bug or?

Edit: yesterday i played a match with a friend of mine vs the ai and i build an anti-nuke, it looked like i still had one anti-nuke rocket but when the ai send a nuke to my base the anti-nuke didn't fire...
  14. lazlopsylus

lazlopsylus New Member

This isn't terribly high on the priority list, but could the typo in catalog.js be fixed so that the progenitor commander has the proper picture in the lobby? ProfileImgSource is set to use profile_imperial_delta.png instead of profile_imperial_progenitor.png, which is why it shows up with the delta commander profile picture instead of the proper progenitor profile picture.

Not much of a priority, of course, but I thought I'd at least mention it. Simple one-line fix that is easy enough to manually fix for now.
    cptconundrum and DeathByDenim like this.
  15. Stalp

Stalp New Member

What exactly was causing the air unit server crash? I'm just curious. It's almost absurd thinking about how these things can be linked.
  16. DeathByDenim

Unsafe math apparently:
  17. dragonwarrior189

dragonwarrior189 New Member

hii,
    I really enjoy the game with my friend, but the only problem is that when i and a friend try to annihilate a planet, we need to choose a planet to annihilate and then it gets stuck. It suddenly freezes. We hope that you guys can fix the problem. And keep up the good work :)
  18. earth75

earth75 Member

Hi, i just got the game i i like it a lot so far, but i noticed a bug in this version : when i create a 2000 radius planet in the editor, the game's memory usage goes up to 30-35 GB (couldnt measure accurately). No wonder why it makes the game sluggish and broken then.
    You know i expected it to be high, but i did not expect more than 10GB.
    Also, the memory usage takes ages to go down and never goes under 6GB, even after having left the editor and entering a game, maybe there is a resource freeing issue that only surfaces when trying to create overly large planets.