Connection to server lost

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jorisk, March 2, 2014.

1. jorisk

jorisk Member

Hi,

I'm getting this a lot lately. No way to reconnect back to the game.

New patch issue?
    warrenkc likes this.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

If game don't let you reconnect after you restarted it it's mean server crashed.
    warrenkc likes this.
  3. haterade

haterade New Member

having this problem with pretty much every game I start now. Get to about 10-15 min into the game and lose connection.
    druss07 and warrenkc like this.
  4. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Well there is connection issues with Gamma, Uber knows.
    warrenkc likes this.
  5. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I had 2 games today which both ended with server crashes -,-
  6. bored1ed

bored1ed New Member

I've experienced this A LOT since gamma. Why in the world would I need a connection to a server if I'm playing "offline" against AI???! I really hope this game isn't going to be using some sort of server side DRM when released....
    galaxyisos likes this.
  7. jorisk

jorisk Member

Same here, 4 matches, 3 of them crashed.
    bored1ed likes this.
  8. Alphasite

Alphasite Active Member

There is no offline mode yet, its not being released until the game is relaxed properly.
  9. theappleman

theappleman New Member

Yeah this is really annoying. I was playing 3v3v3 with some friends that lasted about an hour before the connection was lost. We had been kicked of the big main planet but where controlling 3 of the 6 planets in the systems and where waiting for the two other teams to destroy each other. Once they where weakened we would launch two of our smaller moons into their planets and destroy their commanders.

But just before we could smash the planets the connection to the server was lost. Really frustrating. The match before ended in the same way. I'm having a lot of fun with Gamma but I probably won't play much more until the servers issues have been fixed.
  10. Lipadoza

Lipadoza New Member

This is getting annoying, crashing 10-20 minutes ingame.
    At the very very very least, put up an announcement that you're aware of the problem and working on it.
    This is just leaving us in the dark.
  11. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Well they just released another set of bug fixes today, has that helped anyone? Was it working before? Because don't discount the fact that it could be something funny on your end too.
  12. asterope

asterope New Member

I think the gamelist server is down, me and my friends can't find any games.
  13. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Yup, Metabolical just (in the last 15 minutes) posted saying that they know the problem. Presumably a hot fix is on its way ASAP.
  14. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

So when you get that it's typically because the server crashed. On the back-end we collect these server crash logs and use them to try and fix the crash. In this case we couldn't track it down quickly so we've added additional logging to try and catch it.
    druss07 likes this.
  15. druss07

druss07 New Member

Me too mate. I've tried about 5 games now and the same thing occurs. 10-20 mins in and boom. Lost connection to server
  16. druss07

druss07 New Member

Ok so i managed to get a game off. Using smaller planet this time
  17. deathbymonty

deathbymonty New Member

Have only been able to get into one game with human players because of this error, and even in the one game I did get into, it promptly kicked me off with "connection to server lost."

However, that has only happened twice out of ten games against the AI.

So it seems to have something to do with syncing with other player's comps...

I am using the Uberlauncher and have a decent internet connection that gives me no trouble with SC2, Hawken, KAG, etc.

Please let me know when you guys get the fix up and I will then try again.
  18. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

Getting a related problem, same message anyway but the computer in question can host games without server lost message (actually it happens but it connects and hosts anyway) and can connect and host ai only games as well, just can't join. Idea's? Its annoying but not a game breaker because we can still play but I'd like a workaround, fix, solution etc.. if possible. Thanks.
  19. notveryanonymous

notveryanonymous New Member

This problem is still happening to me in the newest build v.67523 and sometimes it happens within a minute and sometimes it happens 20 minutes in. In TF2, another online game, this sort of thing never happens. It means I can never even begin a galactic war, which says it is SINGLEPLAYER. Basically the message I get from this is that I wasted £15 on this game.
  20. abram730

abram730 New Member

I just got the game and have this issue. When it's not crashing it's sloooow. As slow as 1 new frame a minute. That frame is refreshed at 60 fps, but it doesn't do much for game play. That is a can play the game. 9 out of 10 drop and the one that doesn't takes hours to finish and it's a quick rush. It should take 2 minutes, not a hour.