Disappointed about PA

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by arkounay, February 28, 2014.

1. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

Simcity yeeep. The only sort of expansion that would take place would be in decent players building proxy bases consisting of factories and a wall of PD and AA, which was fine. I'm just not a fan of shields. t2 units were for people who just had their base rushed while setting up proxy base with commander once their eco was in ruins. Personally I used t2 UEF bomber rush to snipe com which was kinda lame and boring. Btw, when i say t2 - i mean troops not buildings. I really loved t2 buildings in FA and they MADE the game. Sadly, I'm gonna miss the 3 hour turtle games at 2am and of course Phanty.

EDIT: Spam - This is a non-issue in PA as, sure, you may have a number of units, but you'll split them up into different groups. A couple for helping to expand, bigger ones for attacking and others for flanking. This makes it more fun and less 'blobby'. 'Spam' is probably the wrong word but I mean the BLOB vs BLOB of FA got tiresome.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Jesus Christ! that is so hopelessly misinformed.

you playing FA like a blueberry is your own damn fault, that is in no way a winning strategy in FA.

who'd you win against with that? easy AI?
  3. Taxman66

I was on a 1600 rating on FAF so shh buddy.
  4. tatsujb

rating means nothing so shush right back. I'll take you anyday.
  5. Taxman66

Am I meant to be scared?
  6. tatsujb

my thoughts exactly on previous post.
  7. Taxman66

I refer to my signature

vvv
  8. tatsujb

suuuuuuuuure

oh! here's one :
    "rating isn't a function of knowledge"
    ..........................................................-tatsu Psalms ch.8,l.1 850 B.C.
    Last edited: March 1, 2014
  9. Taxman66

late 90's game voice acting <3

Never said it was, but it proves that I have faced and learned from competent players
  10. tatsujb

actually if you reffer to my post above. ...Where is it again? ah! here it is :
    hmmm... apparently it doesn't.
  11. Taxman66

You only say that because your rating is baaad
  12. tatsujb

and accessorily because I'll take you anyday... yeah.. I think also plays a part.
    Last edited: March 1, 2014
  13. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Guys, we're not here to debate the merrits or otherwise of previous similar games. FAF has stood the test of time, as has TA and Spring- there are obviously flaws with all of them but the fact that they are still actively played today says everything.

I personally think that PA will get some things wrong- however they are getting ALLOT very right (especially support modders which is what's kept TA alive and kicking for so long, giving rise to TA:Spring and is also pushing SupCom FA to new levels).
    corruptai likes this.
  14. Taxman66

Right so a number which indicates my wins against competent players means less than an empty threat.
  15. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Also you- behave and stop trolling the FAF lot!
    cptconundrum likes this.
  16. Taxman66

How could I not troll a 'pew-pew' laser game?
  17. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Well you are right about planet verticality.

Im stilling hoping for stuff like this.

[​IMG]
    Now this suddenly feels like your on the surface on a planet, instead of a round ball :)

But we will see if this is still possible, i for one hope it is. being able to build on these cliffs and mountain tops, place units up there for siege fire. choke points etc.

Personally i would rather have more detailed planets like this, instead of a galactic war, if push came to shove, quality over quantity after all. Better with fewer more details planets, than having 1000 planets to play on that is all the same.
  18. tatsujb

which PA is not by some stretch...
  19. Taxman66

PA doesn't have pew pew sounds. All laser units in FA have pew pew sound. Now shh. You're really annoying and its 2 am for me here
  20. tatsujb

I'm sorry, I know that conversing with me can be difficult I tend to force people to use their nogin, as discomforting as that can sometimes be. I will bother you no more.

just remember that I tried to make peace with you on post N#1 or this argument and you spat in my face: