1. locomotor1979

locomotor1979 New Member

not cool the has bin changed whe whill now all have a hard time becausse the settings for the AI are gone since gamma started i canot handle the AI like this it whont even give you a chance 2 normaly build its they have in under 5min more then half the planets mass aswhell alrdy all version off T2 factory's that's uber insane

please bring the old setting back

greetz Locomotor1979
  2. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

really? I just played and the ai seemed worse, ofcorse, I was playing on a water planet, but the ai expanded to a lava planet and did not build anything but 1 land factory and some energy and metal. weird.
  3. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

God dammit sorrien being good at your job!

Stop doing that.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  4. eltro102

eltro102 Member

I think they ai has been nerfed, recently I won two 1v2 against 2 ai when before i could barely scrape a victory in 1v1v1v1
  5. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

for me the AI is even dumber than ever, they tried to comm rush me 15 mins into the game. Needless to say, they died, quite quickly too.
  6. menchfrest

menchfrest Active Member

Due to changes in gamma UI, the economy slider is TEMPORARILY gone, in addition there is a bug in the AI right now that may cause it to play worse, this will be fixed in the next build.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  7. rawrifficus

rawrifficus Member

play the AI on a 1200 planet and you'll see they still have a long way to go. AI NEVER builds t2 units except fabricators. All they ever do is run small raiding groups against you (which if you only play them on a small planet might make them sort of difficult) and send t1 bomber runs if you don't build AA. The only thing they do that makes them sort of scary(but not very) is that they expand onto multiple planets very quickly.

Although the 2 patches before this and turning them to 2 or 3x econ they would also chain nukes at you eventually which was pretty cool.
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

It's a bug.

It'll be added back.
  9. menchfrest

menchfrest Active Member

The bug has specifically to do with not teching up right
  10. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The AI has a pretty major bug preventing it from properly building factories and teching. sorian says it's fixed in the internal build but didn't make it in time for this release.
  11. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

I believe you can make the AI easier by setting economic handicaps.
    Although to be fair while the AI got more impressive, I have no issue beating it, and I'm far from what one would call a very skilled player.
  12. arthursalim

arthursalim Active Member

They took the economy handicaps temporarly out of gamma soo yeah say good bye to sandbox mode for now
  13. buttnuggets

buttnuggets New Member

Just to reiterate what others were saying, the commander commits hari kari now somewhere between 20-40 mins. So you get all excited thinking you might beat him this time then he cheeses and commits suicide :/ In previous releases i've also noticed if you creep with holkins or catapult, the AI will just stand there and take it till it dies. The AI, if being picked off to the point of losing, should do something about what is taking it out. Not really suggesting it be linear so you can bait it into doing a rush it doesn't want to do, but it shouldn't just stand there waiting to die either. Great game. Really smart AI, totally ruthless, and last night, before gamma, the garat AI just wasted me for days. Love the non linear responses too, unlike starcraft where you just memorize attack vectors then click-save your way through it. (I enjoy not being able to save games, either rage quit and start over or keep going. Pause might be nice for el bano but that's it, I hope they don't implement the click-save fest. Might as well have the AI plan how to kill you better while it's paused too).