Juice bot?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Rammite, January 25, 2011.

1. Rammite

Rammite New Member

As you may or may not have noticed, There is a replacement for Bullseye, too!

I've only played twice since the update, but the second time, instead of everyone's favorite green-and-yellow walking, talking bullet dummy, I got some.. some tin robot, with a red belt, red eyes, and it threw oranges and churros like no tomorrow.

It seems to give the same amount of money bullseye does, but it tosses out much more churros, and oranges. It also seems to toss out less speed boosts, but that could've just been bad luck on my part.

I'm thinking theses oranges are massive juice boosts, and that it gives a lot of juice per shot, but I had full juice before this, and couldn't see any juice changes.
  2. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

The juice bot actually affects gameplay?

*facepalm (if it does)*

So now the question is, does he appear for everyone, including players who don't have the ...ugh... tf2 content? Or does he reskin locally?
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Juicebot is not tied to TF2 promotion. It's available for everyone and every game he has a chance to appear instead of Mascot.
  4. Huff

Huff New Member

5. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

Is the Juicebot here for good, or is he here for a limited time?
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

He's here for good.
  7. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

Well, at least he isn't as bad as the Hat Fortress 2 junk. It's easy to pretend he isn't linked to some outside content.

Since I'm lucky to be answered by a dev twice, any word on an option to disable rendering of the Hat Fortress 2 gear for those of us who don't like it?
  8. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Have you actually tried playing with it? It doesn't affect gameplay at all. You don't have to wear any of the gear if you don't want to, it's optional.
  9. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

However other people may choose to wear them - which I think is everyone's problem.
  10. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

It's not that I don't want to wear it, the problem is I don't want to see it. There are a lot of TF2 players who were driven away by the "visual flairs" that Valve added, and even more people who despise the whole item collection and trading system that Valve added, especially crates and having to purchase keys to open them for a chance at getting a visual flair but usually getting a duplicate weapon instead.

The TF2 items are a constant reminder of what Valve did to TF2. Seeing them in this game makes me feel like the whole affair is invading other games I like. I just want to get away from the junk. I thought this game would be a great replacement, and up to now, it has been, but now every time I play, I will once again be reminded of the great item fiasco of TF2. Seeing the items makes me not want to play this game. This is why I would be happy with an option to never have to see them on myself or on other players.
  11. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

If by "everyone" you mean "a couple people that really enjoy posting the same tired argument everywhere"
  12. Westward

Westward New Member

]
    Incredible. I don't think I've ever seen anyone claim video game PTSD before.
  13. The Noid

The Noid New Member

You weren't there, you don't understand what it was like in the trenches

Watching your best friend die from a hat wound

It's not a pretty sight
  14. Goose

Goose Active Member

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what Valve did with the hats. It is a fun concept that will continue get fun as time progresses. It has been mentioned numerous times that people want to be able to spend their excess money on accessories for the pros which I see no problem doing so long as it doesn't affect gameplay.

And tons of people still play Hat Fortress 2 and love it so clearly you are not the majority.

Sorry, this sounded angry. I'm not angry :)
  15. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

Hey man you may think this is a joking matter, but I'll have you know I lost a lot of good friends in that hat factory.
  16. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

I'll add it to my charts right under "video game OCD".
  17. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

Their entire argument seems to be a combination of OCD and sensationalism. Soon they will be posting that they will literally die if cosmetic items aren't removed.
  18. matrix2507

matrix2507 New Member

while the whole team fortress thing might be exagerated, monday night combat is one of those game id like to stay with its own originality.
    im another who would like turning off those things
  19. Goose

Goose Active Member

I can understand this. I enjoy the atmosphere in this game and I can understand why somebody wouldn't want it to be "corrupted" with other game's merch. However its easy to see that more people will want to purchase this game if it is advertised like this. I was not too happy with it either when it was speculated but I learned to love the Supports medic pack and construction hat. ;)
  20. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Except for murdering their art direction/graphic design for the sake of pandering to the low brow mouth breathers that think fart jokes are hysterical? Yeah, nothing I guess.

The one thing I STILL don't get, is why Valve continuously refuses to fix something so absurdly simple. All it would take would be a tiny little cvar, totally client side, that would allow the client to force render the default models without any cosmetic junk. Don't tell me that that's not possible, since it's something that exists since, at least, the quake 3 engine released in 1999, 12 years ago. The same engine Valve's Source engine was based on. So the possibility exists, and I'm guessing it wouldn't be exactly difficult to apply to TF2... so why not? I don't get it.

As for Monday Night Combat, it's fairly the same situation, except, admittedly, I don't know how easy that would be on the unreal engine... Still, point remains, that all we want is the ability to force render the default models. I have nothing against it out of principle, I just don't want clutter in my game. If it's not cluttering my game, and people join because of it, then great! Hey, I like collecting stuff, so that's always nice... I just like keeping it out of the way.