Gamma Livestream Question Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, February 26, 2014.

1. menchfrest

menchfrest Active Member

I thought retail keys had already been activated with the last big price drop...
  2. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

Will there be options for game conditions like: no nukes , no artilery, T1 only, unit cap (optional) killing commander does not win etc. ? Handicaps done per player/AI, possibility to manually pick starting spots for AI.
    galaxyisos and hahapants like this.
  3. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Considering PA hasn't been released yet and still in a development state. There are no retail keys yet.;)
  4. elwyn

elwyn Member

No, when game becomes "live" I will have 3 keys.
  5. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

What about the overhaul on strategic icons? is that happening 'soon'? Or will we see that immediately?
  6. lokiCML

Iet me clarify the current key that is activated right now will be usable after release. Hence the same key.;)
  7. elwyn

elwyn Member

yes, but I have 2 other keys and was asking about them
  8. lokiCML

The answer is when the game is released. That's when retail keys will be activated. Sort out the confusion my bed.:oops: Sorry about the confusion. My bad.:(
  9. pantsburgh

pantsburgh Active Member

What ever happened to the egg concept?
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  10. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

Are there any plans for advanced mobile AA?
    polaris173 likes this.
  11. Tomasina

Tomasina Member

Are there plans to limit shared control of commanders? I love the shared army mode of team-based play within PA, but I cannot count how many times my commander has accidentally been grabbed by someone else and walked directly into the enemy.

I think commanders should only be able to be controlled by their specific owner. Pressing the commander hotkey should not select everyone's commanders.
    Quitch likes this.
  12. ruske

ruske New Member

Will Galactic War allow a single player to start a game, leave for real life (it happens!), and pick up later where he left off?
  13. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

When is the livestream today?

*Legit question is legit*
  14. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

15. ruske

ruske New Member

Thanks for the link, that explains Galactic War nicely. I also did a bit more searching and found a thread discussing the planned game save features; just the ticket. This is some impressive software!
  16. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Holy questions batman.
    Raevn, cptconundrum, aevs and 5 others like this.
  17. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

As my Gran alway said, better get crackin! :D

Downloading new patch now!
  18. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

And like I said, it would look weird to have blacked out planets or planets shrouded in fog which dissapears after scouting. I think the PA lore would be that the planet has been scanned before the commander is launched there.

Thanks for your response!! ;)
  19. polaris173

polaris173 Active Member

I really like this idea; it would make commander rushing harder as well since each owner would have to be microing their respective commander during an assault, taking attention away from their base micro.

Anyway, questions:

- Is balance moving towards a build where the game is competitively playable using just one factory type? e.g. If I wanted to play with just air, or just vehicles, I could do so and not be at a major disadvantage? I feel like if the enemy was spamming T2 air for instance, that there should at least be an option to build flak bots if you already had a bot heavy build, instead of being required to invest in T2 air as well for mobile air protection.

- Has the cost of T1 p-gens been discussed at all balance-wise? Needing a lot of them is cool, and so is fabricators requiring a lot of energy, but the pace at which they build currently seems to force a lot of hard power stalls in the early game pretty easily. If they built a bit faster, I think it would be easier to dig yourself out of the eco hole and get back to having fun.
    drz1 likes this.
  20. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Will the Orchestral soundtrack be updated and cleaned up more(quite a bit of static in game and out of game)?

What are you plans for clan systems? Will Clans be able to reserve names(such as Ballistic Logistics and/or The Realm) before the system is implemented(so others don't grab the name)?