Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. nerofearstar

nerofearstar Active Member

I thort gamma was owt today ???
    But il defo be on tonight for a few games I'll check teamspeak but I will be on
  2. speneth

speneth Member

Gamma is so awesome! Anyone up for a match or two? I'm here for another 40 minutes.
  3. iscin

iscin New Member

Gamma is out and I'm finding new people to play it with.
  4. nerofearstar

nerofearstar Active Member

Gamma was terrible last night with server crashes but new lay owt and commanders are amazing see u all on batter feild commanders
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

So how is everyone getting on with gamma?

Personally I'm really impressed- performance has improved quite a bit, I think the ui changes are good, and the soundtrack is epic. Thankfully not really run into any issues except for a minor bug where I can't change my commander at the moment (i get the alpha which technically I shouldn't so nice to get a few more games with him!)
  6. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I agree apart from that i have problems generating systems without the preloading and the ready button and that the lobby is a bit too gray for me : P But apart from that it's great!
    Last edited: March 4, 2014
  7. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I'm going to be away for a couple of days, possibly without wifi.

When I get back this weekend I wanna get some more games in to really get to grips with new balance, so I hope you guys will be around.
  8. cdrkf

I'll try my best to squeeze some time in for a few games- most likely on Saturday night.
  9. speneth

speneth Member

The game is much more interesting. Especially with the new soundtrack. That's the best part in my opinion.
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. speneth

speneth Member

Also what about the website improvements that flop was talking about? He didn't talk about it much ever since gamma came out.
  11. cdrkf

Can't connect to the clan team speak server?
  12. speneth

speneth Member

I feel as if the clan has died once again...
  13. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I have not really had time lately. I also wanted to talk about the changes i mentioned with Lapsed but he had problems with his internet o_O There are also no active members that have access to the website i think.
  14. cdrkf

Heh, PA is only just getting warmed up, and I'd say the same for Promethean clan too.

Players tend to think more about clans when we hit a major milestone, the official v 1.0 release will be big for recruitment... If Arch and everyone are OK with it, would you mind some of us junior members start inviting players and generally promoting the clan a bit more? I think if we can increase a player base a bit we could reach the stage of having a Promethean team on every day which would be awesome.
  15. lapsedpacifist

Please do cdrkf. Back in the early days I invited pretty much everyone I played with, but so many went inactive after a week I just gave up after a while (that's why we have something like 20 members who you never see).

Also, just to keep you guys updated on the teamspeak situation I just tried their website to see if the server was working again and got this message:

THIS IS A TEMPORARY LANDING PAGE.

Our site is currently unavailable and
    will return as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

which hopefully means that they are at least aware and working on whatever problem was stopping it from working. I'm guessing it was just some sort of fault with some of their servers, as I've heard about some planetside outfits having trouble with their teamspeak recently as well.
    cdrkf likes this.
  16. lapsedpacifist

Also I have website editing privileges, I'm just technologically disabled. I'm learning though, just added those two casts from a while ago to the website although they refuse to align to centre for whatever reason.
  17. cdrkf

It's probably a nesting issue (depending on how the website is constructed)...

If it's a CSS + xhtml its usually the fact that one position command is overriding another. If you open the page in question in Chrome- right click on the picture that's causing the problem and click 'inspect element' and it will bring up a browser showing all the commands that are controlling the way the picture displays. Usually there will be a style parameter set higher up the chain overriding the centre command.

If you're having problems give me a link to the page in question and I'm happy to take a look. I do a bit of web development from time to time and I'm used to these sort of things.
  18. lapsedpacifist

I'd be happy to give you editing privileges, seeing as you clearly know what you're doing (I saw in knight's thread you're a 3d modeller by trade?) but I'll check with Dionysus first seeing as he's the real webmaster. I just wanted to be able to update it with announcements etc.

I also am intending to get a new dedicated Promethean site sometime, but I'm way too busy with studying to think about it right now.
  19. cdrkf

Hi, yeah I'm a design engineer and work on a range of stuff. Lots of 3-D CAD, bit of electronics and so on. I help out on the websites of a couple of my customers as well when they get stuck (not my main line of work but I do like to keep my hand in).

I'd be happy to do bits and pieces with the website if that'd be a help- although I'd only be able to devote a little bit of time to it.
  20. lapsedpacifist

That'd be great, always good to have people on the look out and improving things even if only in a spare hour here or there.

In other news, the teamspeak is working again! Whoooo!
    cdrkf likes this.