Gamma Livestream Question Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, February 26, 2014.

1. arthursalim

arthursalim Active Member

Will we see the anti garat UI buttom this Gamma?
    websterx01 and Raevn like this.
  2. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

What kind of information does the Uber Probe gather?

What ranking algorithm will be used? examples: *glicko-2, *true skill

Do achievements tie into steam and can you turn them off?

Gamma mod changes?

In-game music player? If not can it be modded in with access to the system music folder? Also access to PA's sound subsystem. Are you guys planning to implement audio cues?

Will there be any awesome cheats? like a flying pink purple hippo or a lazer bear. Not enough games implement cheat codes anymore. (Single player only)

What about 10% unknown?

When is....

*with alterations that makes it capable of handling any esoteric combinations up to and including 40 players.

Here is a picture of a flying pink purple and a lazer bear.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: February 27, 2014
    shootall, stormingkiwi and uberpenu like this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Why is Brad so OP at PA?

Alright, time for a somewhat more serious question (although I know that only the above one will be read during the livestream).

Can we ever expect the commander seen in the kickstarter trailer to show up in-game?

Will people be able to activate game keys on origin to get yet another version of PA up and running? As a beta gamma tester I prefer to repro found bugs that may be launcher specific on as many platforms as I can.
  4. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

Any planned changes on random spawns and randomly generated metal spots on planets?
    Quitch, shootall and Clopse like this.
  5. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

Will naval ships be given radar/sonar to more effectively utilize their ranged weapons? We are all assuming subs will come back as well, any details there would be great.

Are there any more details to divulge about alternate power sources; solar, wind, tidal, etc.?
    eroticburrito likes this.
  6. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

Can we work on the lobby of the game. Maybe add a global chat and also when you create a game be able to make a heading such as 2 v 2 or 2 v 2 v 2 .
    ORFJackal likes this.
  7. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

How much more variation in terrain when generating planets are we going to see in gamma?
  8. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Alright, I guess I'll bring up my biggest question that I doubt anyone else will ask;

Will we be seeing conventional cliffs? (Such as along shorelines, in mountainous regions, and around lava lakes?)

This is my biggest concern because, while it was in the kickstarter video and concept art to some degree, I haven't heard much about or seen much discussion about it either, and I think it's an important part of verticality that you can't really get with the current set of brushes. (I made a thread about it a while ago, and some suggestions were made, but I can't find a link to it since I'm on mobile.)

EDIT: Here's the link https://forums.uberent.com/threads/questions-regarding-cliffs.55686/
    Both pages contain some interesting suggestions, and I went into some detail about one of the best suggestions in the thread (credit to pantsburgh) and its limitations in my last post.
  9. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Is replay saving/sharing going to be seen in the Gamma phase?

It seems relevant to the existence of stats/leaderboards and comparing yourself with friends.

Can we use the social and private message system to cheat in FFAs? Pretty please?
  10. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

are there any plans to expand on nuclear gameplay?

multiple options for anti-nuke? multiple different kinds of nuke?
  11. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

When will the window.api be completed? Right now it justs says "function is not bound" for most of them
  12. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

burning trees ... please
  13. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Hi Uber :) Loving the game so far - it looks beautiful and is playing better and better with every update.
    Two questions:
    1. Will we see environmental effects play a larger role in Gamma?
      • Terrain/weather affecting movement speeds/sight ranges/radar. E.g. Bots faster in mountains, tanks faster in open plains, cloud/fog reducing radar/sight range, smaller units not being able to pass through thick woodland/jungle. Air not flying on worlds without an atmosphere...
      • Economic modifiers on different planets/biomes.
      • Player-Triggered Natural Disasters (e.g. nuking a volcano).
    2. Will Air stacking be prevented in order to prevent bombers overlapping and dealing potentially unlimited damage?
    I linked these questions to Poll threads which show what's popular :)

Keep up the AWESOME!

Edit: Ooh, also!
    Orbital Teleporters for Air? :D

Edit 2:
    ALSO! Fog of War?
    ORFJackal likes this.
  14. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

will you add full screen in gamma for OSX?
    are you going to clean up the key-bind menu mess?
    will the orbital/celestial layer become and overhaul in order to make out units more clearly?

and finally:
    will you add full screen in gamma for OSX? ;)
    PS: will the crash (OSX) for "leave game" or "back to menu" be fixed in gamma? it's quite annoying...because happens every time so very predictable...
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

1. will orbital multyunit trooptranports and planecarriers that release their units in their respective layers be a thing for invasions?

2. when you say basic techlevel does that mean we could use basic only to win a multiplanetmatch or do we have to rely on advanced as well?
  16. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Neutrino says: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/subs.56660/#post-876324

GoodOak says: Time for a Kickstarter $1,100,000 stretch goal reminder.

$1,100,000 - Naval units and Water Planets
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...nihilation-a-next-generation-rts/posts/293648

We are happy to announce that our first stretch goal is a set of naval units and extended support for water planets. One of the most popular questions we receive is whether or not naval warfare is going to be supported. We like naval warfare and want to have it in the game, but it’s going to be quite a bit of additional work. We want to not only support naval units but to do a great job at it. Likewise we want great support for water in the engine and the ability to create amazing planets that are largely water. First class support for naval means you will be able to have a combination of water and land planets as well as ice asteroids. Huge water only planets to play out all kinds of naval only scenarios will also be supported. Asteroid tsunamis FTW! Some of the water units we can expect include subs, amphibious units, floating buildings and of course battleships!

Perhaps somebody could explain why naval has gone from being an easily eclipsed stretch goal and "first class support" objective to "subs just aren't needed." Bad move, Uber. Naval has been an important part of TA and SupCom, and shoddy naval support in PA is going to show. Now subs are a project for modders? If anything, you should conclude that the water/underwater layers need some major work, and not "subs aren't needed." This is not "doing a great job at it." It's a huge design hole.

$1,100,000 of backer money says you can't be serious about that. I love what you guys are doing of course, but somebody needs to call you out on that. An explanation is badly needed. Why is naval such a an afterthought in this game?
    Tomasina, ORFJackal, ace63 and 2 others like this.
  17. eroticburrito

Bots, bots everywhere ^^
  18. eroticburrito

Hopefully subs will make a prominent return if/when we get underwater bases.
  19. arbitraryranger

arbitraryranger Member

When will "Wall-E" show up to clean up all the battlefield messes?
    ORFJackal and eroticburrito like this.
  20. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

doesnt E-VA have the UBER-cannon?! :D
    eroticburrito likes this.