So Scathis...

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by sxd24, January 24, 2011.

1. sxd24

sxd24 Member

How do you feel about the Steelers going to the EIGHTH Super Bowl against the Packers?

Sorry Jets fans, but I couldn't resist. It was a great game and all, and you really came back to play for the second half. That was some great football, which I haven't seen in a long time. It was certainly better than how the Packers/Bears game was, anyway...
  2. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

What about poor Jay Cutler? He injured his va-jay-jay.
  3. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I'm a casual football fan at best, and was Rooting for big ben solely on the basis of his beard. When it was 24 to 0, I went down the street to get the gang some Checkers. We were watching youtube videos of flash mobs when Big Ben was sacked for a safety.

I called out "SAFETY!" and my roommate got pissed at me because he thought I had farted after eating a Baconzilla.

Anyway, was a close game. I think the Jets respawned a better set of clones during halftime, and bullseye must have gotten stuck on the jump pad in the tunnel and fed them lots of cash, juice and bacon. The Steelers got far too comfortable with their lead and started giving up map control, but the Jets choked on a few clutch plays right before they built full juice.
  4. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I was hoping Steelers would lose so I don't have to see the big goofy grin on Scathis tomorrow. It'd be nice to get another team in the Superbowl once in awhile.
  5. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

But just think about how sad panda Scathis will be when the Packers beat Rapistberger and the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

BTW, anyone think it's ridiculous that most print, audio and visual media have to call it the "big game" for fear of getting sued for using the term "Super Bowl?"
  6. sxd24

sxd24 Member

All I can say is this - that boy's got a lotta quittin' in him.

What's that? I can't read your comment. The shine from our 6 Lombardi trophies must be getting in my eyes again...

Also, I'm none to happy to have lost Pouncey that early, ESPECIALLY after that Safety. :(
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Yeah, they take it very seriously.
  8. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

If a bowl shoots lasers, would it be infringement to call it a super bow', even though that's just the literal description?

Also, it's the Super Bowl already?

Also, sports are boring and I will never understand the appeal.

I sometimes like boxing.
  9. Zander Star

Zander Star New Member

Ima run through work tomarrow yelling bomb then run back through yelling super bowl to see what one causes more of a hubub.
  10. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

This city is nuts after we win championship games and super bowls. I always like to take the opportunity to run around shirtless waving a terrible towel.

[​IMG]
  11. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

So Monday Night Combat wasn't that big of a step up, was it?

As a smelly European, I don't understand the appeal of American Football - it's just rugby with more padding. And they normally use that padding to further their attempts to murder each-other, like when someone uses their helmet as a battering ram. Replace 'em with scrum-caps, then we'll see how likely they are to charge in like that.
  12. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

13. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

What is this "football" people keep talking about? I've been hearing it alot recently and it's really confusing.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Jets have always been a 2nd half team but man wtf?!?! Took em long enough to make ******* 3 points! The Jets haven't been to the "Big Game" in what 23 years now! Come on guys!

Scathis, :x , good luck there buddy.