Nvidia Drivers -- Do not Update, unless you want lag! 334.89

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by NeonTheCoder, February 22, 2014.

1. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder New Member

So before I downloaded the new driver early game went smooth and buttery at 45-60 fps, then around mid and end it would drop to 24-30 fps depending on how many units there were. But the point is I downloaded the new drivers today 334.89, and whenever the Fab Goo effect is on screen FPS drops dead to around 10 FPS. Also bigger planets drain more FPS than usual, I'm not sure if its just me but I'm using a GTX 650-TI ASUS Super Charged version. Have a good day, inform me if it is just me.
    warrenkc likes this.
  2. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Are you sure it's the new driver and not yesterday's update that's the cause?
  3. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder New Member

Yes because I played last night, and with the new units and everything. Game played fine to me.
  4. aevs

aevs Post Master General

The new units came from Wednesday's update. Yesterday's update was late at night; it introduced the Picture in Picture feature and moved a bunch of processing to the GPU IIRC. Are you sure that isn't related?
    I updated my driver before yesterdays update and noticed no change; after yesterday's update, my performance has dropped somewhat.
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

There was a big change to the graphics code between the two updates from this week.
  6. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder New Member

Thanks, well I guess its not the drivers. I was unaware they added this recently I saw a video of it I didnt know they would release it so soon.
  7. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Just updatet the driver, the performance seems the same, aprox 100 fps in the beginning of the game.
  8. valheria

valheria Active Member

You also need to make sure that you're gtx650 is actually running at the frequency's its spec'ed to because what you described is something that some of the latest video cards (gtx480 onwards) do every now and then and only run at 1/10 of the power thinking their is no demand for it.. You normally have to restart the game or the computer to get it to snap out of it. My gtx760 does it sometimes and the frame rate is horrific when it happens. I normally have to reopen the game window for it to kick into high gear so MAYBE that is what happened to you. Because i am using the latest drivers and it seems more than fine to me.. hope this helps now and in the future because most people do not monitor their graphics card clock speeds in real time..
  9. Jimax

Jimax New Member

I had around 60fps and 30 late game normally but after the new patch my fps goes around 10 when i try to add even 1 moon.
  10. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

i upgraded my gcard. the vid card patch made the game run smooth.
  11. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Graphic drivers can be very flaky - I had to downgrade my nvidia driver to be able to get more than 15 fps a few patches ago.
  12. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Strange. I've not had any issues what-so-ever using these drivers. I've been getting the best performance yet.
  13. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I think the game's been updated since.
  14. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

New nvidia driver works great for me.....