New Patch Queries

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jacob29, February 19, 2014.

1. jacob29

jacob29 Member

Alright, really good job Uber I went from like 30fps on 75% resolution and medium

to Uber everything. Big ol' Thumbs up.

But there are a few things I'm wondering about.

How do you ping? Couldn't see it in the keybindings page.. but that page is really big so I might have missed it.

also how do you use unit formations? couldn't find that one either..
  2. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Unit formations seem to be automatic. And the ping is a yellow command button on the right.
  3. Sinkwa

Sinkwa New Member

I also want to enquire about transports. Are they "ferry" systems, or single pickup and drop? If I have 10 doxen, and five transports, do I have to do the pick-up zone twice, or am I missing something.
    hahapants likes this.
  4. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Right now they're single pickup because they're having an issue with it picking up more than one unit.
  5. blockheadd

blockheadd New Member

Keep in mind that unit formations are barely in the game at the moment, the devs have stated that there is still a lot of work to put in before they're finished, what we see here is simply a very rough first pass.
  6. Sinkwa

Sinkwa New Member

Thanks loki, glad I didn't miss something obvious.
  7. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

My problem with the ping is, the visuals are not big and strong enough to catch your eye...
    hahapants likes this.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Since we're on a rotating map I personally think a beam of light would make more sense than the current implementation. Failing that the game needs to tell me a ping happened and in which direction, because most of the time it won't be in my focus area and there's no minimap.
    EdWood and hahapants like this.
  9. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I think it is the first iteration of the ping, it is more about being in the game for now... rather than being done...

A beam would be sweet, we need something that is very visual and easy to spot, it should also last a bit longer. ^^

It would be perfect, like you mentioned Quitch, if the ping would get a notification as well, so you can click on it and taken to the location. :)
    blockheadd likes this.