Wow there are so many private games

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ikickasss, February 15, 2014.

1. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

Ive never seen a online game where I entered a room and seen about 20 games up and 18 out of the 20 have locks on them. Do you guys think that divides the community? Since the newer players cant join these games.
  2. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

TA/supcom folks tend to prefer playing with friends, against AI etc. The public multiplayer scene for these types of games as far as I can tell is in the minority.
  3. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Meh I only play randoms at present, and most of the EU games I come across are public. It'll get better when the next build drops.
  4. zombiefan564

zombiefan564 Member

This is only because of the tourney today.
  5. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

MAYBE once i get better I'll play randoms or try to schedule a game with a seemingly sane forum member here, but that might take a while (me getting better)

and by that time, it's likely that i'll be able to save a game as I play vs AI, which will allow me a whole lot more play time

soooooo not really sure why i'm posting in this thread, now that i've thought it through.
  6. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Aha, glad it was so evident. We've just had a tournament. That's clearly why.
  7. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

There was a like 50 player tournament today, that is why.
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

9. commandercorona

commandercorona New Member

Yeah! I only ever play against the AI with friends. I've never play any game against other people. There's no Seton's Clutch in this game so it makes battles with the computer more interesting.
  10. superouman

superouman Post Master General

This is because you don't see private agmes listed in other games.
  11. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

Mate yesterday was the PACE seasonal opener, so lots of private games were going up because of that :p
  12. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Your probably not going to see too many public games right now since lots of people are waiting for the next patch to drop to give them something new to chew on.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow :)
  13. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

I personally like playing games against the AI with my friends on all games really, only exception would be Battlefield as DICE no longer do BOTs in their games, but thats just the way I am, I don't like to really play competitivly, never have, I like to chill out, relax and have a good time rather than rushing all over the place to compete against higher class players lol
    commandercorona likes this.
  14. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

Thats kool everybody has there play styles and what they like to do. Some like multi some like ai gameplay. I just like multi because ai gives me no competition to easy.
  15. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

In the future they could probably do a "public room" and "private room" to keep private games from taking over public space.
  16. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

~~' honestly.....

no it isn't. that's a generalisation based on PA/TA. spring, and FaF provide more than healthy counter examples, with frequent 12P games.
    Last edited: February 17, 2014
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Also as an active online player of ta for years I can tell you in its day ta had a massive competitive online following. We're talking back in 99' - 2000 time frame.
  18. madmecha

madmecha Active Member

I play more private games then public. One of the main reasons being spam. I know that sounds odd in this type of game but currently games in multi player are won by ultra spamming something. The AI uses a much more diverse tactic. I tend to like that a great deal more.

That said I do enjoy the.... Oh hey!! movements you get when playing vs another player as you dont know what to expect. I have learned some tricks by playing vs other people. And I know others have learned some tricks from me as well.

Once the game is more balanced I think you will see more Multi player games being played. Will it ever be more then private games? I doubt it.