PA League Seasonal Opener [Tournament]

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by reptarking, February 4, 2014.

1. soliderfighter

soliderfighter Member

You have to delete me from the tournament, because I am going on vacation tommorrow :D A suprise from mum and dad so I "sadly" cant participate :D
  2. drschuess

drschuess Member

Don't forget to check through the entire list of names for new additions. Xankar signed up in one of the deleted name spots and seems to have been passed over.
  3. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I will look over both lists again in the next hour and will be going through this whole thread looking for people notifying me of them dropping out or wanting to be added. I am also reseeding everyone in the coming hour
  4. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

We need more victims!
  5. drschuess

drschuess Member

How will the first round work for deciding who plays who? Will it be number 1 seed vs 64, 2 vs 63, etc..? Or will it 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, etc..? Or is it something else?
  6. jodarklighter

jodarklighter Active Member

Starting seeds are based on PAStats 1 v 1 ladder rankings(http://ladder.pastats.tk/home). If you're unranked, you'll start at a 2000 rating, although if you want a more fair starting match, download the PAStats mod and get some 1 v 1 matches in before the torunament starts. There's probably going to be quite a number of people tied with a 2000 rating though, so I'm not sure what metric will be used other than rating.

And I just read you question more fully, the highest ranked player will play the number 2 ranked and so on down the list. Also, looks like ratings might already be locked in for the tournament, assuming the 24 hr cutoff time is still accurate.
    Last edited: February 14, 2014
  7. drschuess

drschuess Member

Yea, I knew about the PA Stats thing, I'm wondering what role those seeds will actually play in deciding our first match. Typically in an elimination style game, a high seed is paired with a low seed to facilitate better semi finals and final games (typically though there are exceptions). I'm not really familiar with seeding for the Swiss style game. Are high paired with high for that first round, or are high paired with low?
  8. jodarklighter

jodarklighter Active Member

High with high for the first round. There are explanations of the full workings of Swiss style both on the forums and elsewhere online, so I won't try explaining it for fear of messing something up.

Although, if you want a more official response, send a message to one of the PACE people. I'm just parroting things they've posted, so my information could be inaccurate or out of date.
    Last edited: February 14, 2014
    drschuess likes this.
  9. arseface

arseface Post Master General

My friend still isn't on the official doc, [YaFS] Puppy Swallows.

He was on it before it got reseeded I think.
  10. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

I added him, Gandalf will be seeding everyone.
  11. reptarking

I'm closing off the tournament in 2 hours.
    No more entering.
    all ratings will be locked for peoples seeds.

round 1 pairings will be up in 3 hours.

all officials planets will be created and posted tonight. I will post them as there name and all that for cpt conumdrums sharing mod. but i will also release there overall data for people that dont have the planet system sharing tool and need to self create the planet.
  12. reptarking

Sign up's close in 5 minutes. after that I will be locking the sign up sheet from any further sign ups
  13. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

Hey sorry for the late notice, I have not had enough practice in the current patch and did not have much sleep last night so no way I am getting up for a 5am start. Have fun guys.
  14. reptarking

...... blarg. alright, redoing seeds, and parings now.
  15. superouman

superouman Post Master General

So, ummm, is it against gentlemen rules to spam only t2 bombers in this tournament?
  16. reptarking

If you can win with it, then you could do it. the goal is to win. just no bugs that only you can do. everyone can do any strat. but if you are cheating and somehow producing 10000 power from a basic energy plant then I will exercise my rights to ban you from all tournaments in PACE forever.
    Quitch likes this.
  17. reptarking

Round 1 Pairings are posted for the tournament. Starts at 7pm GMT. Be in IRC by 630 GMT please. also here is a link to round 1 pairings in a different view: (note that in my program it uses 1 .5 and 0 not 2 1 and 0. BYEs in the actual tournament are worth 1, wins worth 2, and loss 0)

http://i.imgur.com/tWkDWFu.png
    carlorizzante likes this.
  18. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

carlorizzante likes this.
  19. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

What's the IRC channel, please?
  20. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General