[Guidelines] How to play like a Gentleman

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Martenus, February 12, 2014.

1. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Not really, these guidelines are perfect for tournaments and you will see that in tournaments this will be ok. I bet referees will also end the game soon if there is only a commander left.

In normal games, if people prefer to drag the game, whatever. In tournaments, that is completely different environment.
  2. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I personally like to have my opponents die by my attacks. my only thing is take loss like a man and dont run away.
    stormingkiwi and tatsujb like this.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that is incorrect. If you want to make generalizations, you need to be more specific, but now it's too late, you have proven yourself unworthy of making generalizations altogether.

I rather not think what would result if you were to give a seminar speech in any type of debate.

Back to the image you illustrated : that generalization can be wrong in numerous cases, one of which is the guy with only his commander left is full health, your commander is low health and he's chasing you down com on com.
    wheeledgoat likes this.
  4. Martenus

Like I said, all you actually do here is random yapping and disagreeing with anything and anyone but the one who shares you opinion. Your feedback is not valuable to me.
  5. tatsujb

thank you, I understand, nonetheless I shall persist in shunning the sentences you say here that bear this oh so peculiar strand of wrong. Not unique to you, of course, let's just say its like the honey to my bee.
  6. reptarking

You two remind me of two battling slugs. Neither able to do anything. Fight meh
  7. miturian

miturian Member

tatsujb, why are you even in here? is this ind of arguing "fun"? you're just trolling the conversation at this point. if this is genuinely pleasant to you, I begin to see why you think a 30 minute drawn-out hunt across planets is "fun", and more so than a quick game.

the "anti-delete" camp is reminding me of terran players in SC2 hiding their last building in a corner somewhere and going afk. that is absolutely ridiculous behavior. games should be won by skill, not by stubbornness. we are plenty of people playing games online who do not have the kind of time on our hands as a 14 year old.
    abubaba likes this.
  8. reptarking

Your going to far. Don't make it personal, make it intellectual.
  9. reptarking

In tournaments I host. No such mandatory delete will ever be there. But if you have 0 chances of winning and are being rude and won't end the game then you can play in someone else's tournament :) with love ofcourse
  10. Martenus

I didnt mean mandatory, but if there is gonna be a guy stretching the game on purpose by stupidly running or switching planets, then I believe a referee would end this.
  11. tatsujb

I don't.

If newbs are going to be hilarious then let them.

honestly people need to learn how to pin down coms , which in PA is made really easy.
    If you don't know how, then it's your own bad and you're probably just as bad (or worse) then the person with only his com left running around trolling you.
  12. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I love the internet.
    arseface likes this.
  13. reptarking

eh, anyone other then the top 5 i can take down in 15 min or less usually
  14. Martenus

You should proba
    Don't feed him now, he is just mad :D

Let's continue the thread on topic please, everyone.
    reptarking likes this.
  15. reptarking

lolsy. #truth
  16. raygun1

raygun1 New Member

Anybody else find it ironic that a thread about how to play like a gentleman ended up like this....
    stormingkiwi and abubaba like this.
  17. reptarking

Yea, it should have ended up with a battle of words like brilliant and cherry oh. and I do say good sir!
  18. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

Discussing nice behavior on the internet.. a hopeless endeavor if I ever saw one.
  19. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

Yes, proper and easy to spell names, unless you guys made account/player to just troll others (or do not care about game community) keep this in mind.

I knew player in WOW who named himself IlllIl ( i+L in random order) then he wondered why nobody wants to play with him (like inviting to group or guild), i still wonder if he was trolling or really was that challenged.
  20. Martenus

I saw such a player in wow too, and he was a multiboxer with 5 characters called lIlllIIIllIl with random order. That was just SO silly. But I knew him, he was a forum troll and troll ingame too.

And yea, I guess I wouldn't want to play with such a guy.