Is it me, or is every class grossly overpowered?!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by ABAGOFWETSAND, August 11, 2010.

1. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

I must say, getting a hands on today has been nothing short of awesome. I ran through most classes to get a feel for each gameplay style. Retaining a positive kd ratio with all classes, I feel that each class is balanced accordingly. With all class-based games you're always going to have some folks rage-quit and complain on the forums about getting wasted because of another player.

Chances are, it's the superior skill of the player, not the class that's getting you killed.
  2. loveassassin13

loveassassin13 New Member

If every class is overpowered, then the game is perfectly balanced ;)
  3. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

The skill progression makes classes unbalanced in specific areas when other players don't have there counter skills upgraded.

The classes are all balanced but mid game you might rip a few people apart because they are defenseless from buying a specific skill.
  4. hatemakerr

hatemakerr New Member

My only complaint about the game, as awesome as it is, is it shouldn't reward assassins for killing the other weaker targets. Tanks/gunners should be the ones that get hit once in the back and die by the assassin. Reward the player for going after a bigger stronger target who can punish the other classes. Playing assault is my favorite yet my only deaths are by assassins. Facestabs are 90% deaths for me, obviously backstabs are 100%. Seems like nothing works, I try to just jetpack up but often when I land the uncloaked attack is strong enough to chew my health down. Wish there was an endorsement or an ability to reduce the % of facestabs killing or even landing on me.
    I think everything is perfectly balance, just not silly facestabs you can't do anything about.
  5. mrhthepie

mrhthepie New Member

Level 3 charge is your friend if you see an assassin right in front of you. Always or nearly always one hit kill. If you get facestabbed mash the b button and if you survive you will kill them straight away. Other than that just keep your eyes and ears open, to try and spot them before they get you.
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Level 3 charge is what I was going to suggest.

Also when you see/hear an Assassin near you HOVER! They can't grapple you when you are hovering!
  7. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

I play Tank with Gold Armor; so even with a backstab I kill assassins. I just bunny hop and Death Bloom.
  8. mrhthepie

mrhthepie New Member

That's a good tip. Does that apply to all grapples?
  9. neutrino

Yup!
  10. hatemakerr

hatemakerr New Member

neutrino any chance facestabbing would ever get reviewed? I'm all for the hovering and always watching my back, but I played a team of 4 sin's and it was brutal.
  11. Ahlen

Ahlen New Member

Bring a tank. One Deathlotus seems to instantly kill assasssins, and assassins can't kill tanks with one grapple.
  12. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

It doesn't insta-kill. It just does a lot of damage and if they don't have an armor endorsement, they seem to die from the fire anyway. Two death bloom/blossom/lotus usually kills them anyway.
  13. neutrino

Everything gets reviewed all of the time! We are constantly trying to improve the game. So yes, we'll be looking at all this stuff over time as more people play the game.

And yeah, bring a tank ;)
  14. hatemakerr

hatemakerr New Member

Appreciate getting back to me neutrino, so awesome being apart of a community where people who make decisions actually answer my questions. Very happy.
    On an unrelated note, am I missing the % breakdowns of the endorsement buffs? I can't seem to find how much gold, silver, and bronze add to each stat. Not that it's important I was just curious to see if something like reload speed has a hard cap or something.
  15. neutrino

We don't expose the underlying exact stats as a lot of them probably wouldn't make sense to look at. Every stat is unique in how it operates although I don't think any of them have a hard cap (from memory, maybe Scathis will correct me).
  16. tehwalrus

tehwalrus New Member

As gamers, and especially people coming from DotA, the lack of details in the skills and how endorsements work is very perplexing - normally skill upgrades and perk selection will have tooltips that explain exactly what bonus you'll get, and I find I'm very much missing that feature in MNC
  17. Jeslijar

Jeslijar New Member

I completely agree with you. Knowing how much an ability will really affect you is priceless.

Does anyone really know exactly what gold silver and bronze levels of any ability besides bigger clip size really does for you? You can count the rounds and do the math.. the others are imperfect - maybe not reload but thats still going to have some human error in timing the reloads.

Its easy to be unsure of what endorsements will actually affect the way you play. If you're a Support its pretty easy to see that clip size is going to be at least partially wasted, but what about crits? can your heals crit? how about fire speed, can heals/drains 'fire faster'?

More explanation is totally needed.
  18. intelekt

intelekt New Member

Agreed, there should be some form of percentage or rating to the endorsements, that is simply how skill trees work.. However if the developers intended for users to have to experiment with combinations without having a statistical best available, I retract my statement.