Planetary Annihilation Toys?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by PaladinV0ci, February 11, 2014.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

3D printers solve everything.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  2. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

I am a modder :) Theres a tool to import .papa models into blender. I then export them as .fbx and use Maya. The problem is the textures just use different shades of green so that they can have different team colors. If you try to change the shades of green into better colors it looks ok but not as good as the trailer ones.
  3. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

Meh, who cares about the textures? Just print it up in the base ABS color (usually white) and paint it yourself with acrylic paints!
    LavaSnake likes this.
  4. PaladinV0ci

PaladinV0ci New Member

I was thinking more a long the lines of a Hasbro product.
    The reason everyone wants merch is because this game has such great designs!
  5. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

That is exceedingly unlikely.
    iron420 likes this.
  6. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

and that is an understatement.
  7. PaladinV0ci

PaladinV0ci New Member

What do you mean?
  8. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

No toy manufacturer is going to pick up the PA licence (even if Uber was offering it) and make a run, let alone a persistent toy line of articulated Planetary Annihilation themed action figures. There's not enough of a market.
  9. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

This will probably be exclusive to the 3d printer market. They are common enough now that it wouldn't be hard to get one done if you really want one.
  10. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

I would love to order the bricks from lego and build models of PA units to sell them to fans. But this would involve asking lego and uber for promision, but i would gladly use more than half the money made to put toward the on going games development. I would just keep enough for parts:p ive Made a couple units already in the fan art thread.
  11. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

I plan on making the whole unit roster soon out of legos.
  12. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

You're being lazy. If you really want what you are thinking of to exist you need to make it happen (ie with the steps I listed before). If you wait around for other people to do the work for you it will either cost you a fortune or never happen.

@shortforce13: go here http://www.buildwithchrome.com/
    you can build the set in your browser with any lego pieces in exsistance, then order it from lego.com through their website and they will send you all the pieces required and instructions on how to build it.