Delete commander explosion.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by darac, February 10, 2014.

1. darac

darac Active Member

I was wondering if we can reduce grieffing by making the commander not explode as a nuke when a player deletes themselves. I've played a couple games where my team mate has deleted their commander, taking out a bunch of our base. It doesn't happen often but it's annoying when it does.

If we removed the explosion for this case then generally you can just carry on 2 v 1 or 3 v 2 or whatever it is.
    emraldis likes this.
  2. Chemdude8

Chemdude8 New Member

Sure, except that he can delete your comm too. (less an issue when alliances is out).
  3. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Either that, or not allow players to delete commanders in team games. Perhaps have a "surrender vote" option, where allies can vote on whether or not to simply quit...
    carlorizzante likes this.
  4. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

You must play with some real jerks...
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Or don't play team games with randoms. I can't believe people still do that.
  6. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

No, no nonononononono, NO!

Commander explosions, even with delete are important. Used right they can blow up the enemy base and buy your team some time, having your commander blow up in your base, well it can be an F you. But more often it just shows bad control of the commander in base. (incidentally the only unit you should have to micro) And you should be punished when it dies due to your own incompetence.

And well if your teammates delete your commander, let's just say you weren't ever going to win a match like that with those teammates.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Exact point I want to make. If griefer deleted commander it's better because he'll ruin game later anyway.
  8. emraldis

I think the point is not to prevent him from leaving, its to prevent him from MAKING SURE that you lose the game, because he blew up your base with his comm. I support this idea, because it would prevent one person's rage from ruining the game for the other player. Comms would still explode, just not when your a****** ally decides he don't want to play no more and deletes his commander.

On a side note, no one should be able to delete an ally's commander IMO.
  9. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Frankly this is exactly the kind of use I DON'T want to see out of Commanders.

Mike
  10. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Commanders are important. Any half-decent player would use this as a last resort, if at all. Removing the explosion is pointless because you can still walk into a wall of turrets if you wanted to.
  11. emraldis

That's not the point of the thread. Removing comm explosions is not at issue, allies destroying your base because they rage quit and deleted their comm is.
  12. leighzer

leighzer Member

I found out this existed when I was trying to turn the camera, ended up killing my commander instead and losing the game. (I still don't know how to turn the camera too xP)

I think a voting option for comm delete explosions should be implemented so the team has a vote if they want to do it or not, and if there is 1 vote against it doesn't do it so clans don't troll individuals. Just a thought.
  13. Geers

Oops, misread.

Does it really happen so often that it's a major issue? I suppose an easy solution is to implement some sort of vote system for commander self-destructs.
  14. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That still doesn't solve it though. You can't stop them from deleting the whole base, or building only skitters, or any number of awful things a bad player or troll can do. If you want to play team armies, the best solution for you is just to go on irc or join a clan and ask for a game. You will never be able to play a game with randoms and expect to find decent people. We do have a great community in this game, but the internet will always be the internet.
    Last edited: February 10, 2014
  15. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Have you ever played a random team match?
    It's usually a mess.
    It's why I stick to FFA's.
  16. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I would recommend not playing team games with randoms.

Only play team games with people you know.
    carlorizzante likes this.
  17. emraldis

That's fine, I don't think that trolls are really the issue here, I believe that the issue is more so related to allies (be they friends or random people) that ragequit and delete their comm in the middle of your base. There is nothing you can do about trolls, but there is something you can do about sore losers, or people who rage way to easily.
  18. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I always play with randoms, I can't believe some people think that is "outdated" thing. Sorry to say that but most of my buddys have no idea how to play good RTS, and PA? Thats out of their league. Random people are better most of the times, but still its rare to find much better than me or to find some comp players.

Thats not an option for most people most of the time, because even if you have friends to play with, they dont always have time when YOU have time to play.
  19. Geers

There's always the option of, you know, accepting reality. No matter what you do you'll never be able to completely stop trolls without sacrificing enjoyment. This notion that team games with random people are not worth it needs to die. It's simply not correct, a majority of people will play as a team and if you get one guy who's deliberately sabotaging you then that's just bad luck. I've played several team matches and none of them were ruined by other players being useless on purpose.
  20. uberpenu

uberpenu Member

Here's an idea. How about keep the explosion, but takeout the damage only for when you DELETE your com